Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10/04 Consumer Reports arrived today and page 59 has a review of the V6. Interestingly, the car was not compared to others. The review is positive but I suggest you read for yourself.

Highs: Interior quality, quietness, off-road ability

Lows: Acceleration (with V6), fuel economy, controls

There was no mention of predicted reliability since the vehicle is new.

Interesting note: While they reviewed the V6, and show an exterior of a V6, the interior shot is a V6 as indicated by the Teak seats.

It makes me even more eager to get my Touareg!

I'll keep waiting for the 05.

· Registered
161 Posts
Sport mode or manual will fix acceration in the V6... :wave:

· Registered
100 Posts
What is the point of "Sport Mode?"
Don't you get the same effect from flooring the accelerator?
Iv'e read before that the Touareg goes into its maximum
acceleration mode if the accelerator is pressed all the way.
(no different from sport mode)

The sport mode seems worthless.
Might be good for people not interested in using the calf muscles?
Might be just another wiz-bang-gizmo

Afterall, I understand the "sport" version of our car,
i.e. Cayenne, doesn't have a sport mode on their shifters

· Registered
161 Posts
Sport mode gives you more agressive shifting wothout having to "floor it" all the time in regular mode. Personally i go between regular mode and shifting myself when i want to have fun.... It may not be much of a difference for you Rich because you have the V10 but with the V6 one can tell

· Registered
136 Posts
Difference in sport mode that I can tell is it is easier to give yourself whiplash. Also seems to keep the rpms in the maximum torque range for quicker rolling acceleration.

· Registered
236 Posts
Sport is very useful in the V6; the lack of "get up and go" in Drive is mainly due to the transmission's fuel frugal attempts to get to the highest possible gear possible. If you leave the car in Sport, there is less delay between deciding to go fast and actually passing, but you pay in fuel consumption.

Flattening the accelerator in Drive and Sport does result in the same thing, but in Sport, you shouldn't need to flatten it as often and you won't experience the same lag. When ducking and weaving, Sport is a good choice.

Perhaps the transmission software update will address the lag - I'm still waiting for mine in Australia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.