Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just thought I would share a pic of my 2004, automatic, 5 cylinder diesel. 278,000 km on the clock. Set me back $5,900.

Really happy with it so far. I have only driven it from Gosford to home on the north coast of NSW. My mate who owns a mechanic shop went over/serviced it for me when I got home. Said everything is in good condition for the age.

Still deciding on what to do with the rims as they are 20 inch. I might try and downgrade to 17s but not to sure yet.

I intend to do a bit of beach driving and tow a caravan (parents) every once in a while not to far from home.

Things I want to do:

- Install an idrive
- Look at aftermarket springs for more clearance
- Replace the old CD player to a bluetooth, reverse camera model.

I changed jobs so I had to sell my 14 model colorado. With having a tight budget I wanted something that could tow 3500kgs, take us off semi off road/beach driving and be comfortable and the Treg ticked all the boxes.

Hopefully I will get down to the beach soon so I will let you know how I go

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mechanic went to change the brake pads and rotors yesterday only to find out they are all different. Looks like the fronts are from a Transporter. So maybe when previous owners have changed the rims they might have stuffed around with brakes etc.

I will pass on the info about the rim size. After reading what you guys have said I think I might go back to standard

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just had a quick read through that post. So much good info I will go through it more later on. I wish I seen it before I looked at mine. I still would have bought it but I would have had a better indication of what to look for/questions to ask the seller

Brakes/rotors are now sorted. He did a service as well and put the correct oil in....pheew :)

Good call about the Pioneer or equivalent. I will want a head unit so I can control my phone through. I just need to do some research on units that fit Tregs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.