Club Touareg Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I had my factory 18” wheels powder coated, a 2.5” lift and those Nitto Ridge Grapplers I’m wondering how that would look?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Would the new Atlas Basecamp wheels by fifteen52 work?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Would the new Atlas Basecamp wheels by fifteen52 work?

No. Atlas is 5x112. Touareg is 5X130

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

18x8 Wheels (could not find a stock 17 wider than 7.5) so went with 18 instead.

Tires? 265/60/18. Might push it a bit more but may start with these. Most likely BFG K02 or General Grabber if I can find a 30.5" tire (Next size is 32.1")

·
Registered
62 Posts

Super off-road mode with the standard air suspension, speed limits to 20kmph at this height though. Was fine at high tide soft sand!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey Mark, was wondering what spacers you purchased? On their website they don't have any for the Treg. Did you select another vehicle type?cheers.
I used H&R 30mm on rear and 15mm on front with new bolts made by Bimecc from Italy (TUV approved).

Looks way way better now that it is lifted 2.5" I will have pics later.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Lifted 2.5" 30mm/15mm spacers. 18X8 OEM wheels. Falken Wildpeak, next time going with larger spec tires, these look great but just a tad small. New bilstein Shocks. Rides fantastic, handles well on the road. Looks way way more like a touareg.

·
Registered
2013 TDI Lux
14 Posts
Most people buy the 2" or 3" rubber spacer lift kit from Alex in Australia (a few others sell them in USA too). Stay away from aluminum ones.

Tires you're probably looking at 33s or 35s. You'll likely need 17" wheels for that to work.
Hi, VFL: I'm curious to know why you think it may be best to stay away from aluminum lifts. I'm presuming you would not buy one of the Eurowise kits. If so, which ones do you like best and why?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hi, VFL: I'm curious to know why you think it may be best to stay away from aluminum lifts. I'm presuming you would not buy one of the Eurowise kits. If so, which ones do you like best and why?
It's Better to do the spacers under the springs.

A handful of reasons have pushed the design,

Firstly and most importantly the geometry of the touareg double control arm dictacts the suspension travel. There is no gain making the assembly longer in fact it has a negative effect as it increases undue wear due to being outside the designed arc.
Without adjustments to control arm length or subframe drop theres no benefits to be made.
The internal spacers is by far the safest package.

·
Registered
2013 TDI Lux
14 Posts
It's Better to do the spacers under the springs.

A handful of reasons have pushed the design,

Firstly and most importantly the geometry of the touareg double control arm dictacts the suspension travel. There is no gain making the assembly longer in fact it has a negative effect as it increases undue wear due to being outside the designed arc.
Without adjustments to control arm length or subframe drop theres no benefits to be made.
The internal spacers is by far the safest package.
Thanks, Alfi. Would a Cayenne sway bar change that at all? I'm guessing not too much to make it worthwhile. But a Cayenne might be a better fit for the Eurowise?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I may be unfounded in this idea, but I think the aluminum would add considerably to the harshness of the ride vs rubber. Noise, harshness and vibrations would probably go up considerably.

I'd personally suggest the @alex gee kit. He's the first and been doing Touareg suspension mods a long, long time.

Thanks, Alfi. Would a Cayenne sway bar change that at all? I'm guessing not too much to make it worthwhile. But a Cayenne might be a better fit for the Eurowise?
Sway bar is unrelated, but a Cayenne sway bar will help significantly with handling.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I may be unfounded in this idea, but I think the aluminum would add considerably to the harshness of the ride vs rubber. Noise, harshness and vibrations would probably go up considerably.

I'd personally suggest the @alex gee kit. He's the first and been doing Touareg suspension mods a long, long time.

Sway bar is unrelated, but a Cayenne sway bar will help significantly with handling.
I agree about the aluminum. It would ruin the ride quality. Alex's are awesome. I do not feel like the car has changed in behavior or handling. So far I don't feel I need a stiffer bar either. Stock is fine. I have whipped this 2.5" lifted truck around corners like a race car. No problem. Now, if I was weighted down with gear, the bar might come in handy. Problem is a heavier bar might not be great off-road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So just making sure I won't run into any issues I'm getting my 3" agfabs lift installed soon going away from the 20s and going down to 18s possibly a set of 15mm spacers and going to be running a set of 285/70r18 at3 xlts on a 2011 touareg tdi, first vw and first lifted vehicle in a long time any and all advice is very welcomed

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
When I spoke with Forge they said a 3-inch lift would be at the absolute limit of drivetrain play, they said it's doable, but it's the absolute limit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So im all finished with lift wheels and tires the fender liners do need a slight massage but other than that it's great

81 - 100 of 101 Posts