Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
This is my 2012 t3, has alex gees lift installed, i had him make mine 2.5 inches, or 63.5mm....Right now it just has little 265/60r18 bfg k02s but in a few weeks im going to install 33x12.5 r18s and maybe a small spacer.....There is no binding or drive line issues and it rides a bit stiffer but man does it look much nicer
Which part # wheels are those?

I've been trying to figure out which 18" wheels to get for my '13.

Do you have any side pictures from standing height? Any pictures without the lift?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Which part # wheels are those?

I've been trying to figure out which 18" wheels to get for my '13.

Do you have any side pictures from standing height? Any pictures without the lift?
just stock 18s no idea on part number..dont have many photos no good side before lift

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Dude your Touareg is off the chain. So classy yet so rugged looking.

Reactions: tdimark69

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Did some overland trail stuff with jeeps...did very well for not good tires...gladiator was on brand new 35s...tj was on 33 toyo mts....only time i got stuck was trying to get out of the trail on exit...and the tj got stuck first and dug a hole...and i still made it further than him so with good tires she will really impress.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Spacers came...nice loving them so far, and cant wait for the extra 8mm rims will give me.

This is my next project since we are giving up our 2010 TDI (sad) for 2012 TDI. I will be lifting her up where she should be about 2-2.5 inches. Trying to figure out what wheels I will run and tires.

I may run the EVO Corsas otherwise a 17/18" OEM wheel.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
How come you're moving on the 2010 as I recall you ended up with virtual all new running gear after the bunch of stuff was replaced under VW warranty and I think you said you had quite a few years of warranty left on it.

TonyB

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
How come you're moving on the 2010 as I recall you ended up with virtual all new running gear after the bunch of stuff was replaced under VW warranty and I think you said you had quite a few years of warranty left on it.

TonyB
Since the major fiasco they offered us close to 20K for the car. Hard to pass up regardless of what was done. Car is now at 146K miles and out of emissions warranty. I have T3 Exc. fully loaded on hold. Still have factory warranty for 2 1/2 more years plus Emissions warranty. We pocket $1500+ I love my 10' but my wife is ready for something new. My choice? Keep it. Great damn truck. That said, I think the T3 is a great upgrade but will miss the 4xmotion but the T3 is far capable of anything I am going to be doing. 90% of the time it will be on the road, hauling dogs and kids to the beach. ;) Had to make a smart decision and although this car is in near excellent condition, with so many new parts replaced, new control arms, DPF and more. I could not pass up upgrading for free. So far with this, we have driven the car for free.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Depends how high you want to go and how big of tires you're wanting

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Most people buy the 2" or 3" rubber spacer lift kit from Alex in Australia (a few others sell them in USA too). Stay away from aluminum ones.

Tires you're probably looking at 33s or 35s. You'll likely need 17" wheels for that to work.

Reactions: alfissimo

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah, I am going 17" wheels and 2.5" lift from Alex. Forge makes them too but I prefer to support Alex and a small business even if more money. Either going with factory 17" wheels or EVO Corsa's. Not sure tire size yet on the TDI but should be enough room for 33's in there.

Working with this soon after selling back the 2010 TDI.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You know, I have not done anough research on the 2011> models because I did not care enough as I loved my T2 TDI and planned on keeping. Now I am here buying a 2012.

What exactly reduced the ride height with the new chassis? In the mean time I will try to figure it out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like it will fit fine with a 29.02" Dia. I would say you could go to 30.5.
I’m just trying to figure out the best way of getting started. I’ve got a trip to Colorado coming up, camping in national forest and thinking I might need better than the Pirellis I have. And want to make the Touareg look a bit more aggressive overall. But being new to it I don’t know where to start, I’ve been down a rabbit hole today reading about wheels and tire sizes 🤯

61 - 80 of 101 Posts