Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2012 t3, has alex gees lift installed, i had him make mine 2.5 inches, or 63.5mm....Right now it just has little 265/60r18 bfg k02s but in a few weeks im going to install 33x12.5 r18s and maybe a small spacer.....There is no binding or drive line issues and it rides a bit stiffer but man does it look much nicer

·
Registered
93 Posts
I want to hear more about this lift kit. It is purely a spacers body lift, correct? No change to the suspension itself?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to hear more about this lift kit. It is purely a spacers body lift, correct? No change to the suspension itself?
No it is a spring spacer lift

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha. I'd be interested in a hyperlink to more details on this kit!

thats the man and legend in touareg lifts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Gotcha. I'd be interested in a hyperlink to more details on this kit!
You can have a read here, model may be different but the spring spacers are the same.

TonyB

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why do you think the suspension is stiffer after the spacer install? How much stiffer are we talking, is it still comfortable or more lowered car tiny sidewall stiff?

I’m really wanting to raise my t3 but not sure I want a compromised ride.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
Reactions: Geekwgn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks killer! I lifted mine a week ago. Running a 20mm spacer. 18x9.5et49 wheels and 285/60 ridge grapplers. Need to mold or cut out the fender vents because of a little rubbing

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks killer! I lifted mine a week ago. Running a 20mm spacer. 18x9.5et49 wheels and 285/60 ridge grapplers. Need to mold or cut out the fender vents because of a little rubbing View attachment 234644
any fitment shots? my stock et is 53..so you have about 24mm of offset im guessing this is the reason for rubbing....id like to see the poke, im going to go 15-20 mm in total and try and stuff a 285 or a 33x12.5

·
Registered
16 Posts
My next tire set up is going to be 285/65. I was thinking about trying a 33x12.5 but the width is where we run into issues as far as rubbing. Maybe when I get these fenders vents figured out, I will be able to stuff some in there

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tex and Mark. How stiff is the suspension with the spacer setup. I know you each have different brands between Forge and Alex’s stuff. Just wondering how you’d rate the stiffness. Like coilovers with low profile tires stiff or less stiff?

Thanks gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 87 Posts