Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
I am new to this forum as I picked up a 2012 Touareg V6 w/ 47,000 6 months ago to replace an 01 ML55. So far, awesome vehicle w/ no issues. I also have an 03 VW Eurovan w/ 175K on the clock that I purchased new. Quick list of recent vechicles passed through the garage (last 6 years, not that it matters, but I do like cars!): Pics and any insight I have gotten on maintainance of any available upon request.

99 Jag XK8 (still have it)
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 (still have it w/ 203,000 on the clock)
96 Ural 650 Tourist w sidecar (still in the garage unless the weather is nice and one of the dogs wants to put on Doggles and go for a drive)
12 VW Touareg V6 / purchased 6 months ago (47,000 miles / one owner, $14,000 cash, I could not pass it up)
01 MB ML55AMG (sold when I picked up the Touareg)
00 Discovery (sold this POS 6 months after I bought it).
96 Jag XJ6 (cool car but alas all things must pass)
95 Mini convertible (sold w/ our motor home)
99 BMW M3 4-door (X-wife's) (went to Florida in the divorce) There was no way I wanted an M3 w/ an automatic!
86 911 Targa (sold to buy 964 C4)
91 964 C4 Targa (sold, not nearly as good a car as the 86) The vertical split engine leaks oil like crazy after time and is EXPENSIVE to fix. Give me an old 911 Carrera anytime.
71 VW Thing w/ gas heater (reluctantly sold due to lack of storage space and because I got 2X what it cost new)
71 Orange VW Westphalia Bus (sold to buy the Eurovan) We had a lot of weekend fun with our young son in that thing!
71 Norton 750 Commando Roadster (way cool, worth way too much to keep sitting around gathering dust , sold and regretting it)
(2) BMW K75 Bikes, still have the 86 RT (Phenomenal bike!) Electric windshield, ABS, heated grips, 1986 and way ahead of it's time. The 83 S was not my thing, really uncomfortable to ride hunched over. I tried 2" bar backs but it still gave me back pains.
86 BMW Dinan E34 M5 (one bad ass car that I sold @ 145,000) A friend bought it and it is still runnig around.
83 Porsche 944 (Bought new w/ European delivery, sold to buy 86 Targa)

I am a mechanical engineer in and around St Louis and wrench most things myself so hopefully I will find this forum as informative and fun as the various forums I have been on for all of these vehicles. MBWorld and Pelican Parts for the Porsches have been tremendous resources for knowledge.
Anyway, be safe everyone and I look forward to the forum.

Steve

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
For the treg you will need:
1. Vcds cable or good scanner. Vcds is the standard around here. Around 200$
2. ETKA (ebay)
3. ElsaWin (ebay)
Make yourself a virtual machine and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts