Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here it is the next Socal Touareg Adventure. I figured since the last 2 events were more geared towards using the Touaregs abilities for nothing more than just doing it that this time we could use an event with a goal. Up in Arroyo Grande there are 2 great areas for us to have fun: First you have the Pismo Dunes. Second you have Big Falls and Little Falls. What I'm thinking is we could head up to Arroyo Grande on Saturday and head to the beach. Nothing special, just take a tour of the beach. Then camp at Lake Lopez (10 minutes from Arroyo Grande) or hotel it in Arroyo Grande. Pismo Beach is a huge turist town during the summer so there will be plenty of things to do Saturday evening. If you like Clam Chowder there is a place that has won awards for theirs the last 15 or so years. On Sunday we then head out to the falls which is only 5 miles from the lake and do a little hiking, cliff diving (only 20ft cliffs of so) and swimming. Now here's where the Touareg part comes in... To get to the falls you must take a dirt road which crosses a stream 8-9 times (3 of which are paved). It's a beautiful drive on a semi maintained dirt road which is covered by big green trees. If we feel the need then we can get some decent offroading in as well as the road past the falls area is only 4wd accessable. The nice thing about this area is it's mostly a locals only thing so we shouldn't see many people if any at all. The only reason I know is because I grew up in Arroyo Grande.

The nice thing about this location is it's roughly half way (13 miles short) between San Francisco and Los Angeles so this is more feasable for the Norcal owners.

Again, this is going to be a family orientated event so pack up the kids and lets have some fun.

For the socal guys/gals we will meet in OC somewhere and continue up the 405. If there is enough interested from people further north than OC then we will also set up a meeting spot somewhere in Ventura.

The Pismo Beach area is a huge tourist town so if you plan on attending and staying in a hotel/motel room I'd advise that you book your room soon to ensure you get one.

For the socal guys we will be meeting at Village Coffee Roaster:
23351 Mulholland Dr, Woodland Hills, CA 91364
If you live in Ventura/Santa Barbara area IM me and we'll arrange something.

For the guys coming from north of Pismo Beach we will meet you at the Oceano Dunes entrance in the parking lot to the right at the end of Pier Ave.

directions/map

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jason,
Exactly what I and some other members were thinking about! Have a great time and let us know when the trip is planned. Maybe in a month or so would work for most of us!
Bryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Word

Hi Bryan,

I haven't heard from Dave--I left him a detailed message yesterday. I'm going to try and email him the info, too. I'll let you know when I hear from him.

Bob

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks Bob!
Hey Jason,
What do you say we meet at the rest area north of Oceanside like last time around 7 AM and then meet Bob and others along the way. Then lunch up ther B4 we go play in the sand!
Bryan

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, just got off the phone with the lake administration.

Tent sites: $16.00 per night
Additional vehicle: $7.00

We are allowed 2 cars per campsite which comes to $11.50 per car. ($16+$7/2=$11.50) We need to make reservations soon to ensure we will all be side by side. I have no problem fronting the deposit but I just need to know who is DEFINETELY going.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jason,
Bob & his wife with family confirm. Waiting for JD and my boss to O.K. my time off. Should know about me by mid morning!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I just got off the phone with the lake reservation office and there is a 2 night min. on reservations so we will just have to head to the lake when we first arrive in the area to ensure we get a spot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jason,
Me and the boys are checking on the status of the campsite since we all agreed to pay the 2 night min($23) even though we plan to stay one. Looking forward to the outing!
Bryan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts