Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is the link to my supplier: Wireless Apple Carplay Android Auto GPS for Volkswagen Touareg 2010-2017 8 inch | eBay

I am yet to receive or install the unit. However, all my research indicates this is an A+ unit. And yes, track skipping etc works from the steering wheel. A particular user I spoke to told me "No OEM functions are affected by this unit, everything works as per factory and you have the additional "Carplay" features now included.Track fwd/back works whole in carplay mode".

Winner winner ;) (and it's WIRELESS)

If you do contact that ebay seller, try and mention that Steve from Clubtouareg.com told you about this....you may get a better price (I did tell them if they look after me...then I will spread the word amongst this community - she was well pleased)
I just grabbed one from this seller for $318. With tax and shipping it was almost $370. Did you get this message from them?

“Due to the impact of the new coronavirus, our country is now experiencing some difficulties. No one can work, please don't worry. Our city is free of viruses and there will be no viruses in our packages. It is predicted that work will resume on January 17. When work can resume, I will send you this item as soon as possible, OK?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,807 Posts
Yes. Just that email a moment ago

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,807 Posts
We really have no idea what restrictions they are dealing with at the moment. I expected something like this however Kelly has always remained very communicative with me.
We should be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just grabbed one from this seller for $318. With tax and shipping it was almost $370. Did you get this message from them?

Just bought mine for $330+ shipping but was upgraded to expedited dhl service. I did not receive the corona iris message. Yet.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,807 Posts
Just bought mine for $330+ shipping but was upgraded to expedited dhl service. I did not receive the corona iris message. Yet.
Thru ebay, alliexpress ... or?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid more to the same eBay seller Steve used (US$446). They offered 360 cameras for $250 but couldn't provide install manual which was odd.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,807 Posts
Looks like they just raised the price to $416.

Contact the seller.
tell them you are a member here and that Steve from Perth Australia recommended their eBay store to you and can they do any better.

same goes for anyone else ordering from them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This seller is great. You have some influence there Steve ;) Everyone please make very clear you are a member of Club Touareg when buying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,807 Posts
Ah....great stuff.

I told "Kelly"if she did the right thing by me, there'd be plenty more interested.
Nice work...so pleased she is holding her end of the agreement.

Again....this is a seller that I have found after considerable investigation, who has an excellent selling record, a first class record in respect to the Touareg Carplay units.

Mention me (Steve) and the Club Touareg forum for a special deal with "extra sauce" ;)

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,807 Posts
For those who are ordering, or contemplating ordering thru auto-accessories2011, I have quoted details from their latest email to me (last night) regarding my order.

Dear Steve, I'm fine, how about you?
Thank you for recommending to other club members.
Our country has not returned to normal. Now the control is very strict. All factories cannot work. Only masks and alcohol, protective equipment factories can work. In order to avoid virus infection, we are here.
Although there is no virus infection, the relevant departments are very strict and the factory cannot open the door, so the project cannot be sent for the time being. We have a lot of inventory. As long as the factory can work, we can send it. At present, we need to wait, maybe 24th or March Before I can go to work, I understand your waiting.
Thank you very much.
Please keep in touch. We haven’t been out at home for 25 days. Everyone is working hard to contribute our own strength. I believe in our country. Order was restored soon, and people defeated the virus, best regards.
So, in short, they are not permitted to leave their home, nor re-open the factory at this time.
Kelly believes it may be ok by 24/2 or even March.
For my own order, it's a pity I have this money tied up thru them, but, it is not their fault, and I firmly believe the unit will be despatched to Oz as soon as they can return to work.

Anyone considering ordering, might be best to hold on until we hear that all is clear.

As you can see....Kelly will honour special pricing for ClubTouareg members ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure about you guys but I’m only willing to let this string me out as far as PayPal has me protected or 30 days. I let the eBay seller know that and my item shipped even after the message about the country being shut down.

·
Learner
4,821 Posts
I've gone with the joyeauto unit and have it here. The quality of the unit looks pretty good. will follow their video and see how long it takes to install and how it works.
Will be good to compare with Kelly's ebay unit.
Given the research you've done Steve it appears that Kelly might win :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've gone with the joyeauto unit and have it here. The quality of the unit looks pretty good. will follow their video and see how long it takes to install and how it works.
Will be good to compare with Kelly's ebay unit.
Given the research you've done Steve it appears that Kelly might win :)
What video are you referring to, and can you share it?

81 - 100 of 119 Posts