Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone experienced echoing on phone calls (person on other end can hear themselves played back with ~0.5 second delay -- no issues that you can hear in the car itself)? Wondering if it has something to do with the Dynaudio sound system vs. the base...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone experienced echoing on phone calls (person on other end can hear themselves played back with ~0.5 second delay -- no issues that you can hear in the car itself)? Wondering if it has something to do with the Dynaudio sound system vs. the base...
No echo here. Not sure if I have Dynaudio though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone know what processor they put in the Joyeauto? Just curious.
Also curious. I bought the Lu-way box and a separate CarPlay adapter, and the CarPlay audio gets horribly choppy if you try to use Waze and Spotify at the same time. I don’t know if my android host isn’t fast enough or if it’s just the CarPlay adapter. Does the Joyeauto box come with a CarPlay adapter from “Carlinkit”? Are you guys having any choppy audio issues?

·
Registered
609 Posts
To see what CPU you have:

Are there any known high quality CarPlay adapters out there?

I would check the hardware make sure it is all good....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey @molardog, how is it going with your unit after a few weeks?

I bought one directly from Joyeauto and Im not very happy with it. I feel like I kinda got ripped off and now the Joyeatuo people aren't responding.

I think I received a used/defective/beta unit or something. As soon as I opened the box, I noticed that the case was all scratched up and the port lables are worn off in a few places. It just looks high mileage, not what I was expecting. Nor does mine say "Joyeauto" on the top of the box like in all the pics I've seen...

I texted the support number in Whatsapp and someone responded immediately, I asked why I received such a beat up unit, unbranded that differed from the advertised pic. The guys response was, "scratches and worn off letters should problem from shipping. but will no matter to use" Uh, what!? Alright whatever.

Against my better judgement, I went ahead and tore my car apart to install it and... No WiFi anywhere to be found. The Bluetooth connects to IDCORE, but no wifi ever shows up. I tried two different iPhones. Went all through the settings of the box and cannot even find a refernce to WiFi. It has every other setting you would think, two different Bluetooth settings (have no idea what the second one does) but nothing about network or wifi settings. It's as if the box doesn't have WiFi. It does however connect via the USB cable.

So it appears I got a beat up box with busted WiFi, I also noticed that the WiFi antenna is different than what is in pics. The one I got is just a small little nub antenna...

I hope these people respond quickly with a solution. I'm not really happy about the time I have spent tearing my car apart to end up with a half working product. I am probably going to have to take all the car again and remove this if it isnt easily fixed. I guess I should just take it out anyway and sent it back and ask for a proper replacement, a new one like advertised.

So I guess for all out there considering buying this, you've been warned. Joyeauto has some consistancy/quality issues. We will see if/how they reposnd to this...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Did it come from China?

It may not be that uncommon to have 10 vendors all making the same thing with different silk screen labels on them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
This may fix your choppy audio issue:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey @molardog, how is it going with your unit after a few weeks?

I bought one directly from Joyeauto and Im not very happy with it. I feel like I kinda got ripped off and now the Joyeatuo people aren't responding.

I think I received a used/defective/beta unit or something. As soon as I opened the box, I noticed that the case was all scratched up and the port lables are worn off in a few places. It just looks high mileage, not what I was expecting. Nor does mine say "Joyeauto" on the top of the box like in all the pics I've seen...

View attachment 233100
View attachment 233101
View attachment 233102

View attachment 233103
View attachment 233104
View attachment 233105

I texted the support number in Whatsapp and someone responded immediately, I asked why I received such a beat up unit, unbranded that differed from the advertised pic. The guys response was, "scratches and worn off letters should problem from shipping. but will no matter to use" Uh, what!? Alright whatever.

Against my better judgement, I went ahead and tore my car apart to install it and... No WiFi anywhere to be found. The Bluetooth connects to IDCORE, but no wifi ever shows up. I tried two different iPhones. Went all through the settings of the box and cannot even find a refernce to WiFi. It has every other setting you would think, two different Bluetooth settings (have no idea what the second one does) but nothing about network or wifi settings. It's as if the box doesn't have WiFi. It does however connect via the USB cable.

So it appears I got a beat up box with busted WiFi, I also noticed that the WiFi antenna is different than what is in pics. The one I got is just a small little nub antenna...

View attachment 233106

I hope these people respond quickly with a solution. I'm not really happy about the time I have spent tearing my car apart to end up with a half working product. I am probably going to have to take all the car again and remove this if it isnt easily fixed. I guess I should just take it out anyway and sent it back and ask for a proper replacement, a new one like advertised.

So I guess for all out there considering buying this, you've been warned. Joyeauto has some consistancy/quality issues. We will see if/how they reposnd to this...
Well that stinks. You definitely didnt get the same wifi antenna I did. Hopefully they make things right. Mine continues to operate just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did they provide any instructions on what to do with the "360" wire? I bought a different unit that didn't come with instructions, but also has the 360 wire. I imagine it's supposed to be tapped into the camera button harness, but there are many wires in that connector. I'm trying to figure out how to make it switch to back to the VW interface when you press the camera button.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am debating between the JoyAuto and the Naviplus. Does anyone know if you can use the car stereo and car play simultaneously like on a new Atlas? For example can you play FM radio and have the CarPlay Navigation interrupt / fade in instructions? I assume not since the require Aux input but I thought I would ask.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wanted to say thank you to the OP for starting this. I just went from an 2009 V8 to a 2011 TDI and found there was many less options as far as installing a android head unit with the RNS 850. I ended up going with the Joyeauto unit. Thanks to the info on here i was able to do the full install in just about 45 min start to finish. I am having a few issues and wanted to ask if any of the others on here have had similar problems and are there any solutions.

1. I can not get the unit to display my rear view camera. It opens as normal, but there is no image. I have tried different settings with the dip switches, but I am unclear what they should actually be set to.

2. Is there any way to integrate the factory mic or am I going to be forced to install the one they sent with it?

3. The display on my unit is not great. It looks kinda like its just very low resolution. This is the case even when I had the unit stock and the back camera would come on.

4. Has anyone figured out how to get the unit to work with the skip buttons on the SWC?

I should note that I am using the box with android auto. It's the same box and I expected that I was only going to have the wired option, but was very pleasantly surprised that it has wireless android auto as well and works great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installation is complete. I uploaded a short video to youtube. You can see I am still learning how to navigate the functions when toggling between oem nav and carplay inputs.

@molardog I’m about to do the same install to my 2012 TDI Lux...I was wondering, are you using the stock backup camera? If so, did you have to connect the reverse wire to the joy unit or does that simply work the same as before?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well that stinks. You definitely didnt get the same wifi antenna I did. Hopefully they make things right. Mine continues to operate just fine.
Looking at JoyeAuto's AliExpress listing, I can see 2 different listings for Touareg:

US $409.18 18% OFF|Joyeauto Wifi Wireless Apple Carplay for Volkswagen Touareg 2010 2017 8inch Android Mirror Car play Support Front/Rear Camera-in TV Receiver for Car from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress (lower price)
and
US $445.49 25% OFF|Joyeauto Wifi Wireless Apple Carplay for 2010 2017 Volkswagen Toureg Golf with iOS13 Android Mirror Android Auto Apple Mirror-in Car Multimedia Player from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress (higher price)

Looking closely, the first listing did get more orders sold than the second, probably due to lower price? I'm not able to tell what's the difference between the 2 listing. But you can see that in the description page of the 1st listing, there is a cable layout showing the WiFi antenna which looks exactly like what DMCAFL received.

SO I wonder.....
@molardog, do you happen to remember through which link did you order? the 1st or the 2nd link above? Or directly from JoyeAuto website (not AliExpress)? And how's your antenna look like?
@molardog or @DMCAFL did you have to specify the headunit mode in your order? i.e. RCD550 (6.5inch) vs. RNS850 (8 inch)? not sure if it matters at all but just wanted to see if it explains the discrepancy in the pricing and/or the difference in the items you received.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@slinson I ordered this on from ebay for $330 + $30 for DHL express shipping. Its the exact same unit as the Joye but without the branding.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@slinson I ordered this on from ebay for $330 + $30 for DHL express shipping. Its the exact same unit as the Joye but without the branding.

Interesting. So from the ebay picture it looks like the wifi antenna is the same as what @DMCAFL received.
Did you complete all installation and does it work well for you? @Nathan Dantzler

41 - 60 of 66 Posts