Club Touareg Forum banner
321 - 324 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
<Insert your PM response to me here>
Apparently I haven’t posted enough to respond to your PM to me, even though I initiated the conversation in the first place, so here’s what I was attempting to say! 🤣

No worries, bud - I know how it goes with these things. Us DIY’ers tinker with so much it can be an ‘in one ear and out the other’ sort of thing with this sort of information! The good news is, I did eventually get it to power on last night, but from a different source; unfortunately, it now has a power light that turns on, but then turns off about 7-10 seconds later before I ever see a screen of any sorts.

I appreciate the response and attempt to help!

For any onlookers who may be able to help:

As stated above, I did finally get this unit to power on, but from a different source (someone earlier stated that they used the two wire harness (power and ground) behind the HVAC controls, which worked; unfortunately, it now has a power light that turns on, but then turns off about 7-10 seconds later before I ever see a screen of any sorts pop up. Beyond this, I was able to flip one of the dip switches to toggle booting to the screen calibration screen and that actually loads, so I know the cables for it are correct, too.

Any ideas what may be causing it to lose power/stop booting? Hoping someone has seen this since I seem to be REALLY close to finally getting this thing working…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have one of these that has been installed but seem to have an issue that when in CarPlay none of the buttons on the RNS work, even pressing NAV does let you out of the system. Any ideas?

321 - 324 of 324 Posts