Club Touareg Forum banner
301 - 320 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
This question has been answered many times. If you have installed the kit correctly make sure you have aux selected on the radio and an AMI-3.5mm AUX plugged into the AMI port if necessary. If you want to hear audio being produced by your phone while you are connected to CarPlay you have to have AUX available and selected on the factory radio.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This question has been answered many times. If you have installed the kit correctly make sure you have aux selected on the radio and an AMI-3.5mm AUX plugged into the AMI port if necessary. If you want to hear audio being produced by your phone while you are connected to CarPlay you have to have AUX available and selected on the factory radio.
Thanks. Aux is connected. But the aux option is greyed out. However if I connect it to the lightning cable dongle in the arm rest then it works. Shouldn’t it work wirelessly

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have the AMI-lightning adaptor plugged in that means you don't have the AMI-3.5mm adaptor plugged in.

Plug in an AMI-3.5mm adaptor into that port and you will be able to hear audio from the module. If you don't have one, purchase one then plug it in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you have the AMI-lightning adaptor plugged in that means you don't have the AMI-3.5mm adaptor plugged in.

Plug in an AMI-3.5mm adaptor into that port and you will be able to hear audio from the module. If you don't have one, purchase one then plug it in.
Ben, I apologize but I must be misunderstanding something. Where are you connecting the two ends of the 3.5mm adapter? Guessing it’s a female adapter that goes in the arm rest and the male from the joyeauto plugs into that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have bought a Joyeauto kit you will have a 3.5mm extention cable that is terminated as a green T-harness plug. This T-harness replaces the AUX plug of the same colour that is located in the factory quad lock. If you haven't done this you won't have sound. Even if you have a 3.5mm AUX adaptor plugged into the AMI port under the armrest.

This connection is explained in the wiring guide that would have come with your product.

Post a picture of the wiring guide that came with your Joyeauto product and I can show you where it explains this connection

·
Registered
8 Posts
You'll need to find a way to get the 3.5mm aux out of the module into the AUX input of your radio. Then select AUX and it will play through your speakers. If you bought a kit and the right parts for your car from Joyeauto this will be easy. If you didn't it will be more difficult.

The kit for the 8" Touareg comes with a green T-harness plug for the 3.5mm aux extention from the module. I don't know why you are talking about the extention cable having two male ends.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You'll need to find a way to get the 3.5mm aux out of the module into the AUX input of your radio. Then select AUX and it will play through your speakers. If you bought a kit and the right parts for your car from Joyeauto this will be easy. If you didn't it will be more difficult.

The kit for the 8" Touareg comes with a green T-harness plug for the 3.5mm aux extention from the module. I don't know why you are talking about the extention cable having two male ends.
I’ll check my connections again. Thank you for the help Ben.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Data transfer cable Cable Wire Technology Font

Font Line Material property Parallel Diagram

Ben, I appreciate all The help. here is the wiring diagram.Also is this the adapter that you were referring to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes that's the adaptor type you need to plug in under the armrest. In the wiring guide there is a part labelled "AUX adaptor". This part needs one end to be plugged into the 3.5mm output of the module with the T-harness end replacing andplugging into the AUX plug of the same colour iin the quad lock connector of the head unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well was able to get it all wired up and connected and seems to work as advertised. I was crunched for time so didnt get any pics but will get some once i start putting everything back together.

Not sure i am too keen on just letting the module sit loosely behind the display to rattle around....may have to use some dounle sided tape or velcro tape to stabilize it....but who knows if it would ever be an issue....tomorrow is route the microphone somewherr day....
so how is it working out. was it worth it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
So far it has its quirks, but I will be looking at it in detail this weekend. So far the issues I have
1. Map prompts and siri onlywork when in AUX
2. youtube and other apps only work when in BT
3. sirius xm onky works when in Satellite
But if those can be ironed out, then it is worth having. UI and speed is same as s factory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I connected the male end to the module and everything is working well. I routed the cable underneath the cup holder and routed it behind the screen. So you will need to cut a little slot to route the cable back from the arm rest console. The only thing you will miss out on is if you have Sirius XM in your vehicle selected, then you will not hear the sound from the CarPlay. If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you! Hooking up the red wire fixed the issue for me. it works as advertised now. I did leave the blue wire connected as it wasn’t working when I tried it being disconnected. Mine is a 2013 Executive TDI with the dynaudio. Maybe the dynaudio has something to do with that? For others attempting this, I tapped into the canbus, power, and ground from behind the climate control. I used the file in post #203 as a guide. I put the red wire into fuse slot #15 on the passenger side fuse box as it is a switched fuse. You don’t need to remove the MMI from the glove box, you can acces everything needed when you drop the entire thing.
how do you wire it into the #15 slot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hoping someone can lend a hand with my frustrations, which I believe are related to the unit not getting power.

Regarding the following post:

Coming off the new JoyeAuto harness, can anyone recall if the correct wire I need to tap in to power with is the yellow “B+ 12V” wire or the red “ACC” wire? (There is also a pink “ACC OUT 12V, which I believe is irrelevant).

Also, with regard to what the above wire, do I need to tap in to very thin yellow wire that is in the smaller green harness that is removed from the larger MMI harness or one of the two larger yellow wires in the small green harness that replaced the aforementioned green harness in the larger MMI harness?

I think I’m close to finally getting this working, so any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
"Maps brightness control" - the head unit will dim when the car's lights turn on
Hello Ben, super write-up - thanks for sharing all that. I have a question on the dimming though. The head unit changes light intensity when not in carplay mode but it does not change it when in carplay. It's like the "lights on" info does not get relayed to it via joyeauto. Have I missed a wire when installing or is there a recent firmware that addresses this?

301 - 320 of 324 Posts