Club Touareg Forum banner
281 - 300 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have followed instructions on this forum and a lot of other posts as well, it's been very helpful
I installed a Joyeauto from ebay on a 2012 Touareg with RCD 550. everything was smooth and all.
however OEM Bluetooth and Call audio is only on the left speakers now, when activating Android Auto it mutes and stops Bluetooth and forces audio through JoyeAuto, which has crazy loud static noise and buzzing.
I am very confused and went through all the wirings again but the problem still there, when routing the audio-in audio out cable and instead of the harness but directly to AUX in armrest no static and sound works, but I prefer to use Bluetooth capabilities that came with my car at least for calls.

Anyone had similar experience or knows a fix? I'm starting to think the unit is defective.

i wonder if your stereo went into protection mode use vagcom and clear the code

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody,
I have the same problem as somebody a couple posts prior. I have a blank screen (at all time). Radio still works just with a blank black screen. The unit shows up in my bluetooth and wifi.
The blue light and the green light on the box are illuminated and when I push the hamburger symbol or hold the NAV button I can hear it click in the unit.
The instruction I got with my box (cheapest of aliexpress, but looks the same as Joyeauto) have the LVDS IN/OUT reversed, but I tried it already both ways. Not sure if it matters as it is in series?
I also tried it with the blue MMI wire connected and disconnected. Is there anything else I can check while I wait to hear back from the vendor?
Thanks!

2012 TDI Lux

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes protection mode is odd
getting a ross-tech unit shipped in 10 days, will update after I scan for error codes

EDIT: when removing the harness between Joyeauto and OEM infotainment and plug directly like OEM bypassing the Joyeauto, Bluetooth and calls are routed normally I can hear through all speakers !!

not sure if I have a faulty harness or maybe they didn't wire it correctly

·
Registered
5 Posts
getting a ross-tech unit shipped in 10 days, will update after I scan for error codes

EDIT: when removing the harness between Joyeauto and OEM infotainment and plug directly like OEM bypassing the Joyeauto, Bluetooth and calls are routed normally I can hear through all speakers !!

not sure if I have a faulty harness or maybe they didn't wire it correctly
Are you sure you had it plugged in correctly?

Sounds like you were jacked in to the screen vs the MMI in the glovebox…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you sure you had it plugged in correctly?

Sounds like you were jacked in to the screen vs the MMI in the glovebox…

With my unit one cable is actually plugged directly into the screen, while the Joyeauto is plugged into the MMI.
I got the cheapest one of aliexpress and it looks exactly like the Joyeauto.
It seems like there are differences by the manufacturer. The posted YouTube videos do not apply to this one.
So far all the buttons I have tried work, but I haven't really tested it in normal day use.

I have attached the screenshot of which unit and the wiring diagram.

Product Font Material property Parallel Rectangle
Product Mobile phone Communication Device Telephony Portable communications device

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I've got the same cheap one from AliExpress. And I'm installing it on my 2011 V6 TSI right-sided steering (New Zealand).
I made some photos in addition to that instruction that might help someone (feel free to correct me if something doesn't look right):

Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part Motor vehicle

Bag Luggage and bags Eyewear Cable Electronic device

Motor vehicle Bumper Audio equipment Electrical wiring Bag

And here is the hardest part. This is what I have for the power/data cables:

Font Eyewear Audio equipment Bag Circuit component

I am not sure if I need to connect all of these cables. I disassembled both driver's and passenger's sides. And I also found this cable behind the climate control unit:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Trunk Motor vehicle

Font Magenta Automotive tire Eyewear Street fashion

Could someone who made it work recently advice?
Much appreciated! 🍻

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my case, still no audio from right speakers when using OEM Bluetooth, also phone calls through VW Phone are muted.
Joyeauto sound through aux and quality is trash.
Struggling to get ebay seller to return and refund.
I think i would rather go with a better system if it exists or just have my phone in a holder.

To be honest 450 usd is a lit for this trouble and especially that i have a defective unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The right speaker issue sounds like it could be related to the 3.5mm audio jack. Try unplugging and plugging back in good and tight. Could also be faulty cable there.
The problem is not when using Joyeauto Aux. But it is when selecting VW Bluetooth. If i remove Joyeauto harness and roll back to stock it works

·
Registered
5 Posts
The problem is not when using Joyeauto Aux. But it is when selecting VW Bluetooth. If i remove Joyeauto harness and roll back to stock it works
I understand and noted the part about Bluetooth, etc., but the audio from the device is transported from the box to the RNS850 via the 3.5mm connector that you plug in, which has both left and right analog signals. The issue could be with that connection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a quick read through this forum about the issues people are having with the installation of their kits. A looooot of them seem to be installation based with poor support from the resellers. It's a shame really. I resell this type of product as well. I don't pretend that I have any part of the development but when it comes to supporting them I'm pretty decent. The device tries to emulate as close to what a factory delivered CarPlay option might be like. I believe they have reliably done a pretty good job considering the task, but it is important that expectations of the device are set before purchase and the installation, setup and handoff to the customer is done right as well. Because we are confident in the option we have decided to supply through CCS we sell our units with a 2 year warranty.

These are some issues I have seen while reading this thread.

"no music through AUX" - hadn't plugged in an AUX adaptor or incorrect installation of wiring harnesses

"Delay/double speak coming through to the other caller while I'm speaking/poor call audio" - delay calibration not set, yes this is a part of the setup procedure when installing the module

"Poor/no mic voice pickup on BT calls" - external microphone not installed correctly/incorrect placement, not plugged in properly

"No wifi set up/not connecting" - 100% user not knowing how to initiate the wireless connection

"Reverse select turns my screen black" - wrong dip switch setting

"External mic, why do I need it? Dodgy!" - Trust me, it's a much better option than trying to integrate 100's of different factory mics for Siri etc into a module plus better voice pickup when your phone decides to route the hands-free call through CarPlay instead of your factory BT.

"Can't use skip track on the steering wheel" - this is a relevant limitation of the Auto-iO as well. Skip can be selected on screen or if you play music via factory BT audio skip is possible. I will run you through how to make best use.

We had a user Signh that admitted they hadn't followed instructions to install it then went on and listed a bunch of issues, most that were installation based or ignoring recommendations for the module. This one pissed me off the most, even though it's not my product. Blatantly ignoring instructions then complaining about usability, ridiculous.

"Low res" - the aftermarket module won't upgrade the resolution of the factory screen

"Touch screen not responsive" - the factory touch screen is resistance based, not capacitive like your phone. It does take a little a more purposeful swiping technique to allow the module to respond to the actions, takes a couple of days to get the hang of it from experience. You will notice there are no swipe gestures in the factory UI but the aftermarket CarPlay module can still read a user's swipe and allows you to make them in the CarPlay menu, pretty impressive actually.

"Wireless CarPlay doesn't connect after walking away from the car for a minute" - the module goes to sleep when the car does, and when it wakes up it goes into a discoverable mode to find your phone. If it doesn't find a paired phone without 5 minutes or so it will stop looking. That means after you step out after driving for a while the module isn't looking for a phone and it hasn't gone to sleep yet when the car ignition is switched on again. There is a way to pair to the phone again after walking outside the range of the module Wifi that I will show you.

"Unit can lock up/black screen" - this is an issue with technology. Sometimes within a month, sometimes within a year or two. When a system is permanently powered up it gets no chance to power down. We install a small switch inline with the permanent power wire that allows a quick power cycle. Just like restarting a phone to clear a glitch, everything needs a rest, even if it is just for 10 seconds or so.

"Maps brightness control" - the head unit will dim when the car's lights turn on and CarPlay system automatically changes to dark mode on a system timer set by Apple. You can manually change the maps to dark mode if you want to set it on before the automatic timer mark. The fact that Maps doesn't switch to dark mode with car's lights turning on is a limitation of the device.

"Factory nav to CarPlay switching not working right, intermittent" - seems like a lot of the DIY guys are using positaps or some type of mechanical crimp connection. This is not recommended for a data connection due to the how specific the transmission needs to be at that level. We use a tap and solder joint and have never had a problem.

I hope that covers most of your concerns. Anything feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Ben - CCS

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got mine going today. But no audio. The MMI adaptor in center console is for iPhone. Does anyone know if that is why.
Also the setup paper instructions was for iPhone and I have android. Not getting wireless to work I connect the wifi but grayed out on screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We install the IDCORE kits in Touaregs each week (similar to Joyeauto). You don't need to tap into the CAN under the carpet on the driver side. Behind the glove box is the AC CAN port - you can tap into that which makes this install pretty straightforward as the Carplay box itself gets installed between the glove box and the RNS850. Feel free to ask any questions - as I said, we do at least one Touareg every week. Here to help the self installers :)

Also, since the latest iOS upgrade, the wireless connection has been a lot more stable. I have been running wireless now for about a fortnight and am very impressed. Was running wired for the most part of the year due to dropouts. But so far, so good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got mine going today. But no audio. The MMI adaptor in center console is for iPhone. Does anyone know if that is why.
Also the setup paper instructions was for iPhone and I have android. Not getting wireless to work I can connect the wifi but grayed out on screen. To run android auto.
The AMI adaptor needs to be a 3.5mm AUX jack type. If you don't have one plugged in the AUX won't be selectable. All companies sell this adaptor for people who didn't have the ability to select AUX before buying.

Android is wired only from almost all manufacturers of this type of device. Plug your phone into the USB connection of the module. If you had asked them about wireless Android before you bought the kit I'm sure they would have told you the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The AMI adaptor needs to be a 3.5mm AUX jack type. If you don't have one plugged in the AUX won't be selectable. All companies sell this adaptor for people who didn't have the ability to select AUX before buying.

Android is wired only from almost all manufacturers of this type of device. Plug your phone into the USB connection of the module. If you had asked them about wireless Android before you bought the kit I'm sure they would have told you the same.
I found one. It worked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone have ideas why wireless connection will not connect automatically. It worked once but otherwise have to manually force connection by tweaking bluetooth every time . Then selecting android auto on car screen. In bluetooth setting the input device toggle keeps defaulting to off. When I put it on it works but won't stay on

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone have ideas why wireless connection will not connect automatically. It worked once but otherwise have to manually force connection by tweaking bluetooth every time . Then selecting android auto on car screen. In bluetooth setting the input device toggle keeps defaulting to off. When I put it on it works but won't stay on
OK figured can only have one e bluetooth connected

281 - 300 of 324 Posts