Club Touareg Forum banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
MY18 Touareg R-Line V8, White
13 Posts
Mate, I would take it back to the shop where you got it installed. Could be something really simple like a fuse or connector. Maybe something with the install that has gone wrong. If your nice to them they may even fix it for free. Wouldn't take them more than 10 minutes to check it over. I bought mine locally from the distributer and they supplied 12 month full warranty. Cost more up front but worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have been living with the JoyeAuto for nearly 20 days now. I daily drive the car and can report back that I am very happy with the system and would recommend it quite happily. You just need to be prepared for the known short comings of the system. It definitely beats the factory system and the integration of Google maps with voice address look up leaves Siri and the factory system in the dust. Telling Siri to navigate to an address almost always results in the wrong address inputted. I have 99% positive results with Google Maps.. It just works. Would be nice to be able to choose Google over Siri by default on iPhone, but we know Apple would never allow it.

I only use the Wireless Car play feature so this is my Experience

Some Negatives.

1. Every now and then it doesn't connect. A quick reset from the Joyeauto Smart phone icon restarts it and it works perfect. (Known issue )
2. Skip button on steering wheel doesn't work. ( Known issue )
3. Apple maps doesn't dim the screen to night mode. ( known issue)
4. Built in Bluetooth phone is Crap. There is a huge echo. I installed the Extra Mic supplied with the system. The receiver of your call will complain that they can hear themselves. Obviously the system has no noise cancelling feature. This also means the phone buttons on the steering wheel don't work either. I have disabled this as it's useless.
5 If you using Waze, Google maps to navigate, you have to switch back to the music screen to skip the track ( you can use siri to skip as a work around )

Some Positives

1. 99% of Car play features work fine.
2. Google Maps works perfectly with voice address entry. Awesome Live traffic info. Screen dimming at night works
3. Factory Bluetooth phone integration works perfect - Recommend this way.
4. Waze works great also. Screen dimming works. Great for speed camera announcements.
5. Tunein Radio app and iHeart Radio app works great. No need to use factory radio anymore - Just stream it
6. Wireless Car Play is awesome. No need to take the phone out of your pocket any more. No need for a Cradle to hold your phone and tempt you to touch it ( Cops are red hot on this now with Cameras in NSW)
7. Having Google Maps/ Apple Maps beats the Hell out of paying for the Factory Rip off Map upgrades VW offer. This is definitely a cheaper way to go and you have live traffic. Why do you think manufacturers have been so slow in intergrating Car Play..... They lose $$$

All in all, you just need to read up on how to install correctly. The instructions supplied with the unit are really bad as we know. If they were brilliant instructions I think a lot more people would have a better and more positive experience with this unit.

Cheers

R
thanks for the detailed update Rotelman69

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased the Naviplus system for my T3, had a local shop install it. Very please with the unit overall, once you program the steering wheel controls all works just like factory. Note you should disconnect your phone from the vehicle Bluetooth then connect to the Naviplus Bluetooth/WiFi. Also the instructions do NOT come in the package. So if you do purchase here they are. This is a great product and the tech support of Naviplus is great.

Attachments

201 - 203 of 203 Posts