Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"its only a small oil leak it shouldnt worry you"
This is the last few words from the guy who sold me my new toy V10 TWIN TURBO 2004 TOUAREG....
IMG_20190904_164201_01.jpg IMG_20190904_164201_03.jpg
also he said are you a mechanic and theres a clunk in the front we just accellrate gently when we drive it..
Ok this sounds like like a uni of some sort dont my a bit of work to correct after all how bad could it be i got it at a good price. Any way its a V10 cant wait to get her home and show her some TLC

After serviceing the auto filters and oil then changing the engine filters and oil not to forget the fuel filters and OMG the little oil leak covered the hole under side of the touareg...

Special note thank you all at club touareg for your posts on DIY on the right direction and tips and tricks on serviceing

I changed my oil pump gasket it only took 6hrs 3 pizzas 1 garlic bread and a 1.2l pepse max one lost 6mm torx bit to get to the gasket..
And only 3hr to put it all back together helps to have all the right gear/spanners etc
And no i didnt remove the pump completly from the engine cleaned and preped in situe lightly coating new gasket with 515 locktight master gasket joiner (have had a lot of susses with this product on othe jobs) IMG_20190928_075529.jpg IMG_20190928_074340.jpg IMG_20190928_080432.jpg IMG_20190928_083513.jpg IMG_20190928_092952.jpg IMG_20190928_093012.jpg

all up and running no leaks....
And the clunk in the front end is calling my name and its next....

once again thanks for the sharing of info

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Great job. Now the clunk might be from work suspension arms. Get some trw arms and you're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
There's a reason most deals are good.... but it sounds like you're up for getting dirty so you might end up with an all fixed up unicorn before you want to blow your brains out.... keep at it..... very few do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Mates
It seems to me nobody has removed the Treg engines since long time ago...
Well I have a 2008 V8 petroleum.
Just removed it to fix oil leak, so I've decided to replace all joints, pressure-angle bolts and even bearings. It's gonna be brand new.

Regarding silicone to re-mount the 2 engine block parts (pre and UPPER block), which one should I use, "D 176 01 A1" (the bkack & white) or "D 000 600 A2" (red-brown case)?

On diagram it simply doesn't show.

Please have a look at attached pic.

If you look and see, # 41 and 53 silicone references are indicating just the crank case, if I'm not wrong.

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I see you’re using Etka. You really need ElsaWin if you don’t have that already. Google it and grab a copy on ebay.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Elsawin is the official vw service software. It has all vw cars including audi skoda seat. It has the official vw instructions for all kinds of stuff. Get version 5.2 or above.

Install it in a virtual machine if you’re familiar with vmware or virtualbox so you don’t mess up your physical computer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alright, Mates.
Finally VW has answered regarding the silicone to use:
D 000 600 A2 (red-brown colloured can).
The bloody '41' stand alone code on the left side of diagram is representing the one should be used.

It made me wonder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts