Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it's goodnight from me.
No longer having an R50 to play with, I reckon I will be visiting a little less often but I'll drop in from time to time.
It's been great, I've learnt a lot, and met some lovely people.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No R50 young Kev, what on earth could you have gotten to replace it? My mind is totally blank as far as options are concerned. A certain chap by the name of 'Bails' swapped his for a Rangie for better or worse but what about you, the original R50 bush basher?
Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Yes I am wondering what Kev has now also. RR board not nearly as interesting as Club Treg.

·
Registered
857 Posts
All the best Kev,
I have often seen a modified R50 getting around the "Riff" with your plates and thought it was yours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've just joined this forum having had a Range Rover Supercharged. A fabulous car and I sold it reluctantly bu driven by the need to rationalise two cars down to one. Wife's X3 had to go as well. We needed a car with 3500kg tow rating for my 24' caravan but not so big and thirsty as the S/C Rangie for a daily driver for SWMBO. The Touareg seemed best to cover the needs. I am looking forward to a long relationship with it.

If you;re getting out of the Treg, then I can recommend the Rangie - mine was an L322 2007.

Good luck for your search.

Regards

Pete.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G'day
Well, you'll still see the plates around the 'riff but they will be on a 200 series Landcruiser. I'll miss lots about the R50, but driving the 200 was like coming home. I had years and years of Toyotas before the VW...
When I was deliberating on a replacement, my good and wise wife suggested that we go with something we were familiar and comfortable with. So we did.
I'll miss the grunt, and the 10km/hr increments on cruise control, and the handling and the brakes and the discussions on here. But I won't miss the cost of maintenance :). And we'll have more room to pack camping gear...
Regards
Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Nice to hear Kev, I have enjoyed your input and like you have moved on to the dark side. Funny I have just come back from a BMW Motor Bike Safari, off road in QLD . One of the riders a farmer from Emerald started telling me about the new Rline he has purchased and how different it is to the 200 series he sold.The farmers big like for the Rline was fuel economy and performance.

·
Learner
4,702 Posts
And it's goodnight from me.
No longer having an R50 to play with, I reckon I will be visiting a little less often but I'll drop in from time to time.
It's been great, I've learnt a lot, and met some lovely people.
Thanks
Hi Kev,
All the very best Kev, keep us posted. Have enjoyed your contributions and company over the years
Cheers
Singh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts