Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my Egg just developed a faint squealing noise. It does not happen all the time. Sounds like a bearing on a fan motor is slipping, but I still hear it when the fan is off. It does not sound like a belt. It seems to be coming from the dash. It only seems to happen while the treg is moving. Almost sounds like a wind noise, but it just started. You cannot hear it when you roll the window down so I do not think it is the driveshaft bearing or alternator or belt. Are there any fans or bearings inside the dash that would be running even with the Ac/heater off? This is going to drive me nuts!

· Registered
5 Posts
Heater Blower Removal

Decided to pull the thing apart because the squeaking was driving me nuts. Its a fairly simple procedure if you don't mind standing on your head for a few minutes. Since the sound was coming from the heater blower I started by:

1-Pulling the passengers side upper kick panel down and off. This is the same panel you remove when changing out the Pollen filter. You'll need to disconnect the light.
2-Using a 7/32 nut driver remove the blower fans 5 or so screws.
3-The blower drops out after manuevering it past the large wiring harness.
4-Once out you can shoot silicone or WD-40 into the main shaft of the blower.
5-Reassemble being careful to get the male casing back into the proper female channel.

Problem solved!:clap:

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,305 Posts
This is one of the tell-tale signs of the driveshaft bearing.... especially out of the passenger side footwell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.