Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I'm having an issue with my 08 bpe touareg. The issue started about a month ago, basically, first thing in the morning then after work, the car will start first time. If I was to drive to the shop and come back to it around 10 minutes the car wont start. Itll try turn over but I'll then have to jump the car to get it going. I've had the battery tested and they've said it's working as it should.

It's starting to become more of an issue now as it's happening whenever I go to refuel.

If anyone has had this problem, or can shed some light, itll be greatly appreciated as I've had nothing but problems with my car so far.

Thanks,
Jake.

·
Registered
670 Posts
It always helps to include a full description of your vehicle in your search for help. Start by checking the rubber gasket on your gas cap and make sure it's not cracked/split or damaged. Research N80 Purge Valve, probably the most likely culprit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It always helps to include a full description of your vehicle in your search for help. Start by checking the rubber gasket on your gas cap and make sure it's not cracked/split or damaged. Research N80 Purge Valve, probably the most likely culprit.
Hi, thanks for the reply. My car is a bpe diesel, aren't n80 purge valves for the petrol version?

Thanks,
Jake.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply. My car is a bpe diesel, aren't n80 purge valves for the petrol version?

Thanks,
Jake.
Yes, hence the need for full vehicle description. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, hence the need for full vehicle description. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After doing a bit of searching into this fault on other cars, I've checked the coolant temperature sensor plug. When I pulled it out it showed a bunch of electrical corrosion. I've cleaned it off and will be testing it shortly.

Thank you for your help, sorry for not being descriptive.

·
Registered
670 Posts
No problem, hope you get it figured out and it's a simple fix. Be sure to share your results for others who may run across the same problem. Take care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts