Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere - my parents I are both looking at the V6 TDI Touareg.

We are wondering if there are any changes for MY10 in the spec of the vehicle.

I realise that the all new car is about a year plus away so am not asking about that. Just whether they have included Bluetooth as standard for example due to new legislation on phones in cars and so on. Normally at the end of a model cycle the manufacturer tries to keep things competitive and can bump up the spec a little.

I put this in the Australian section as we are in Aus - and specs vary country to country.

Cheers

Andrew

(Hoping to be a long term member of this site soon ;))

·
Registered
895 Posts
Andrew,
Volkswagen do their year model upgrades around mid year so we are currently in the middle of the MY10 versions. With the new version Touareg hitting production next year in Europe that will mean a stop to production of current shape/whatever change we see here. That means we have generally a 6 month period between when a vehicle is produced and when the new model hits our showroom. You would be looking at a minimum of 18 months before we get the new version anyway.
We may see some upgrades to our Australian spec models early in the new year but you will need to press your dealer to find this information from VW Australia or Volkswagen Australia may dealer fit some extras down the line to move old stock out of the way before newer shapes come in.

They (VW Australia) have done this to all of their models over the pass few years, look at the Golf GTI....up until a couple of months ago when it was released (MK 6 GTI) the MK 5 was being sold off as the latest and greatest even though production was stopped late 2008.

If you are thinking of a V6 TDI then don't wait the vehicle is great, you will not be sorry if you miss out on something like bluetooth....you could always get that as part of the deal anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andrew and everyone on the forum great site,
I just signed up for my Touareg yesterday and was told the only change was the lighting for the dash which will be white instead of red.
I should take delivery end of Jan begining of Feb so can confirm then.

Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
660 Posts
I can concur with Moto in that I have been told changes to Touareg 7L6 MY11 are dash illumination and MFD to match that of new Golf VI & Tiguen in white, not red/blue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Andrew.
I did notice too that the fuel economy on the TDI V6 is now 9.3ltrs per 100K, whereas the MY09 was 9.9Ltrs. No performance change though.
Cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
:)I brought my V6 TDI in September 09 i had wished to have the self closing tailgate for my wife because she is so short. But i was not ready to wait till january or february 2010.
my patience's did not extend that far. But i am so happy with the car i have. Maybe next time while i still own one i will have the patience to order exactly what i want, maybe?http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
110 Posts
:)I brought my V6 TDI in September 09 i had wished to have the self closing tailgate for my wife because she is so short.
You could always attach a strap and don't give a damn if it hangs out...you could attach a Garfield!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts