Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
5,540 Posts

· Premium Member
470 Posts
Why you hating on the Tiggy? They're not so bad.
Touaregman33. Imo the Tiguan is 25% of what a Touareg is in every way. And my point was to shame the VW Dealer Service Dept loudly for insulting my Touareg by calling it a Tiguan.
I am sure that the Tiguan is a great choice for some people and I am sure a VW Dealer Service Writer should know and recognize all VW Models.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
Isn't the Tiguan based on the Golf platform, while the Touareg is based on the Cayenne platform?

· Registered
5,540 Posts
Isn't the Tiguan based on the Golf platform, while the Touareg is based on the Cayenne platform?
Yes, except Cayenne is based on touareg.

· Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive white/terracotta
563 Posts
No.

The Cayenne is based on the Touareg platform!
Yes, except Cayenne is based on touareg.
how do you figure? Is there a difference between saying the Cayenne is based on the Touareg and the Touareg is based on the Cayenne? The platform is shared - they are both based on the same platform - the platform is agnostic of which vehicle.

clearly both of you seem to think this - I’m sure you have your reasons just interested in understanding. Or are we just saying the Cayenne is based on Touareg bc we are too broke for Cayennes?

· Registered
5,540 Posts
how do you figure? Is there a difference between saying the Cayenne is based on the Touareg and the Touareg is based on the Cayenne? The platform is shared - they are both based on the same platform - the platform is agnostic of which vehicle.

clearly both of you seem to think this - I’m sure you have your reasons just interested in understanding. Or are we just saying the Cayenne is based on Touareg bc we are too broke for Cayennes?
Because Ferdinand Piëch himself came to Volkswagen and told them what they are going to build and the chassis literally rolls off of a Volkswagen line. So Bentley, Porsche, Audi, they all take it from Volkswagen.

Reactions: Golf Wang

· Registered
5,540 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts