Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the RNS2 DVD with a Pioneer AVH-X 2700BT.
I used a Connect s2 wiring harness and did a straight swap. Everything worked great and sounded excellent. It had a deep rich bass and the system was really loud.

However, I wasn't keen on removing bits of the car interior to install the Mic and USB leads that came with the Pioneer, so yesterday I got an ICE installer round to do this.

I wasn't around so the wife oversaw the guy. When I got home last night and tried the stereo, it sounded awful. All the punch had gone out of the sound and it was completely lacking in bass.

Has anyone got any ideas what could have gone wrong? I'm wondering if he did something with the wiring that would have disabled the VW Amp.

I asked the guy if he did anything that could have caused this. He said all he did was remove the VW iPod interface that was no longer in use. Could this have done anything to it? Has something happened that has effected the Canbus?

Any thoughts, comments would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought an 04 that has had the OEM deck replaced with a JVC nav unit.. And it sounds absolutely horrible. It also has the mic, Bluetooth, Sirius/XM, etc.

I wish I knew.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The DVD nav got an analog amp, the CD nav (04-05) got a digital amp that operates differently.

-J

·
Registered
805 Posts
It sounds like, in both cases, that the Touareg amp was bypassed and the speakers are running off the ****ty internal deck amp. Simon- I'd make the guy undo whatever he did. Nightdrv - I'd consider adding an external amp.

hope that helps - I'm a recovering audiophile....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone know which factory radio I need to purchase to put mine back to stock? I can only say that it has a cd changer in back, and I have a book of discs in the glove box for navigation.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You need the CD navigation head unit. Post up in the wanted ads, I'm sure somebody will sell you one for cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.