Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
09 TDi
962 Posts
That middle pic of the Tregs on the lift is a perfect example of German quality control . I mean they take the damn things skiing before they release them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buy it and be prepared for the next series of issues. Something went wrong when the car was assembled. In the old days it was called a Monday AM car in Detroit. Maybe the production line workers were having a labor problem,who knows.
I hate to have to go to the dealer for service,so if you don't mind, have at it. My 2 Touaregs, both diesels were almost perfect from the get go and still are.
I call them Friday afternoon at 4pm cars. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds very abnormal to me. Even for gas engine. Basically the engine was replaced at very low miles. Could be from abuse too. Was all of that done under manufacturer warranty by the dealer?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Good grief! A rip off! Call the guys who did the work and ask why all the replacements. I've owned a lot of cars (and Italian motorcycles) in 50 years and together never had so many replaments... 🙄🤣😢

·
Registered
2016 VR6 R-Line
25 Posts
Hello,
I am interested in buying a used 2017 Touareg. The Carfax report lists a number of parts that have been replaced in the last years and I am wondering if this car is a lemon?
I will be using the car to tow up to 5500 lbs.
51,367 KM​
Vehicle serviced
  • Valve cover gasket(s) replaced
  • Fuel pump replaced
  • Fuel rail replaced
  • Ignition coil(s) replaced
  • Fuel injector(s) replaced
  • Intake manifold gasket(s) replaced
  • Mass air flow sensor replaced
  • Spark plug(s) replaced

53,158 KMVehicle serviced
  • Engine compression checked
  • Cylinder head gasket(s) replaced
  • Engine removed to complete repair
  • Fuel injector(s) replaced
  • Intake manifold gasket(s) replaced
  • Long block replaced
  • Piston rings replaced
  • A/C refrigerant recharged
  • Spark plug(s) replaced
  • Drivability/performance checked
  • Throttle valve/housing replaced
Sounds very suspicious. Replaced long block and piston rings. Did they install a used long block out of a wreck? And replaced injectors twice in less than 2000 km! Hard to explain all this. Perhaps this vehicle was recovered from a flood, in which case all the electricals are bound to fail as well.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have found that once a car is a dog it stays a dog, it doesn't mean all TREGs are dogs. I personally don't care if a car has a 10 yr 100k warranty if I have ti chase down things going wrong all the time.Most of my VWs have been very good cars,so I'm not a VW hater.
Now I had a early 80's Volvo wagon that was a hopeless dog, never bgt another Volvo. Trick me once shame on you trick me twice shame on me. I think Volvo has made major changes since that time ,I just can't bring myself to trust them again

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
LOL. German cars consistently rank amongst the worst for reliability, cost of repairs, etc. They are still relying on the reputation established in the 1950s through early 70s. Meanwhile, Japan, Korea, and soon China run circles around them. I guess today's German engineers are lazy, overpaid and undereducated. Maybe add criminal (ex dieselgate).
Ah, you must be referencing JD Power huh? The interesting fact about that statistic you're referencing.. its been proven that high-end German vehicle and Japanese automobile owners are more picky about their vehicles and are more inclined to bring their vehicles to the dealership over every. single. little. problem (imagined or not..). Every single time a car goes to the dealership it counts as a 'ding' in reliability in the JD&P schema. Contrary to that - American automotive owners have lower expectations of quality and luxury of their automobiles, so they simply go to the dealership less.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts