Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always found this site to be the most valuable addition to the connoisseur Touareg owner.
Always a vast chest of information available.
But of late all search results end up returning ZERO results.
Even hits that are found in google only brings you back to the home page.

I am sadly frustrated by this.
I am trying to do an oil change on a 7L V6 TDi and there are no links. No results.
Same for the links to transmission oil replacement. Infact absolutely no diy search returns any results for the past week.
what is going on?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
Hi Karoo Klong

The site is not down, nor is it broken.

Search results will always be dependant on the search criteria, that is, the terminology you are asking the search engine to find. Generally, if I provide a long search criteria and get nil results, I look to see what other words I can use or remove from the search string.

I did a search for "7L TDI Oil change" and did get results.

I'm sure others will chime in with more positive results (as I am at work and have limited access time), but most important of all, the site works, and the search engine is working.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a similar problem with Windows Explorer just after Windows 10 was released.
Suggestions: 1. There has been an update of Windows 10 in the last 2 days which have addressed this problem.
2. Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox will work if you haven't done the update.
I too found it very frustrating, but all good now.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
try another browser

get rid of Win 10

try chrome

talk to your ISP

test you band width

test by going through a proxy ... to prove your country is not stuffing with you

.... umm ......

·
Registered
339 Posts
Fwiw I just checked using chrome in an iPad.

site:clubtouareg.com. tdi oil change v6

Loads of hits, first few responses cover both ways top and bottom swaps.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
^^^^

Excellent results with same search criteria using your common everyday garden grown Google

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Fwiw I just checked using chrome in an iPad.

site:clubtouareg.com. tdi oil change v6
x2

This format also works best for www.mytreg.com as that site's search function won't search for anything less than 4 characters which precludes Tdi, oil, rpm, mpg, mph, V10, ESP, ABS, etcetera, etcetera!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issues, I type in rear seats Volkswagen Touareg in Google, gives me several links, I click on link and they all just take me back to home page.

When on home page, I go to search, type in "rear seats" and tells me "0" results found.

I am using my iPhone 6, always worked before, even before I became a member.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
I am having the same issues, I type in rear seats Volkswagen Touareg in Google, gives me several links, I click on link and they all just take me back to home page.

When on home page, I go to search, type in "rear seats" and tells me "0" results found.

I am using my iPhone 6, always worked before, even before I became a member.
Do you have "remember me" selected for your log-in details for the Club Touareg site?

I placed the following into Google search:
site:Club Touareg - Volkswagen Touareg Owners Community rear seats

Got a plethora of results. Each link takes me to the appropriate thread. I never log-out of this site. Just shut it down, and Mozilla etc remember my log-in details when I next open it up from my favourites.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just a thought, but it may be worth clearing your cache / temporary internet files folders.
This will delete any cookies that may be causing you an issue, however if this is the cause using a different browser would work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts