Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
in Australia ... yes ... got no idea where you are !!!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It's a CPO vehicle so at least you get a warranty.

Dealer probably got it either on a trade or at auction for right around $22K if the vehicle is selling for $24K.

Anytime dealers have vehicles that are not ones they sell, like at that Subaru dealership, they have either taken the vehicle in on trade or the used car manager has bought the vehicle at auction to then sell for a profit on the dealers lot. Actual new car dealerships will, for the most part, only keep the choicest vehicles on their lots and not "headache" vehicles or junkers.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Being CPO adds value (as above). Allows you to fix anything you find after buying during warranty, which is really nice. The listed price doesn't surprise me or standout in anyway, not too high or low for my area of US...might be different down where you are though.

Looks good, got to love classic silver.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We bought a 2011 Sport model for $23,000 about two months ago that had 53,000+ miles on it so I would say the price is pretty good although it does have a few more miles on it, it is two model years newer. Ours was not CPO as it was purchased from a Toyota dealer who took it in on trade.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not bad for a CPO

Putting in the zip of the dealer; the Edmunds site comes up with (so about $2K less than 'average'); their site deducted about $1,400 due to the higher than average mileage:

trade-in $21,884
private sale $23,325
dealer $24,603
CPO $25,855

Ask them for the service records, see what's the next service expected, etc.; perhaps they can add the next maintenance 'free'. I've been very happy with our '13 VR6 T-Reg Sport w/Nav (appears to be the same package on this one) ... ours still looks new after 33K miles and no issues at all; this one looks pretty good (although the black interior trim appears to have lots of scratches; not uncommon but shows its age now). Dieselgate has brought all VW prices down (taints the entire line even though this one is a gasser) so they may even have some more wiggle room ... good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts