Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just changed phones from an Iphone 5 to a Samsung S6.

I have a 2015 V6TDI with RNS850 (in Australia). With the Iphone bluetooth connection, the phone connected without any issue, and I only used it for calls incoming and outgoing. I could till use the phones normal functionality on the phone itself such as calling, apps, internet, messaging, mail etc whilst it was connected to the car.

The Samsung is connecting in such a fashion that the car seems to take over the phones Sim card, effectively turning the the car into the phone. SMS messages are coming through the car, however whilst the car is connected they do not reach my phone, and do not go to the phone once disconnected. I am unable to use any of the phones functions from the phone whilst it is connected to the car.

Is there a way I can just connect via Bluetooth whilst retaining normal use of the phone as well, as per how the iphone operated?

Cheers
Bettsy

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi All

I have just changed phones from an Iphone 5 to a Samsung S6.

I have a 2015 V6TDI with RNS850 (in Australia). With the Iphone bluetooth connection, the phone connected without any issue, and I only used it for calls incoming and outgoing. I could till use the phones normal functionality on the phone itself such as calling, apps, internet, messaging, mail etc whilst it was connected to the car.

The Samsung is connecting in such a fashion that the car seems to take over the phones Sim card, effectively turning the the car into the phone. SMS messages are coming through the car, however whilst the car is connected they do not reach my phone, and do not go to the phone once disconnected. I am unable to use any of the phones functions from the phone whilst it is connected to the car.

Is there a way I can just connect via Bluetooth whilst retaining normal use of the phone as well, as per how the iphone operated?

Cheers
Bettsy
I have a Samsung NOTE 5 and am experiencing the same problem on the new MY16.

I do remember resolving this on my MY15, but can't remember what I did. Vaguely remember something to do with enabling remote sim feature???

·
Registered
499 Posts
The iPhone connects to the Treg using a protocol known as HFP where the Samsung uses RSAP. The latter sends all communication through the vehicle and allows you to send and receive texts through the car. I believe you can go into a menu in the car and change the protocol being used to HFP. I think it's on the Bluetooth settings page.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts