Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post so apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I did search but nothing jumped out as obvious.

I've just bought a 2008 V6 and while I wait to pick it up I'm trying to figure out how I'll connect my phone to the stereo for audio playback. Can anyone help?

How about bluetooth for making calls? I pressed the phone button during my test drive but all that happened was the stereo muted.

It's got the nav radio btw.

Also, is there any way to change the font on the screen? Comic Sans makes me angry.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You most likely do not have bluetooth. Do you have navigation? If so in the middle it sounds like you say it shows MUTE, if it said TELE you might have bluetooth but you would also have buttons on the steering wheel that looks like a telephone.

Eitherway if you have the tech package, backup camera etc, you should have a AUX port you can plug into in the arm rest. Open up the big arm rest where your right elbow would rest and you should see a 3.5mm headphone jack that you can plug into your phone. That's what I do as it has best sound quality. To access the AUX option, it's on the CD menu.

Hope this helps. And welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The button definitely said 'Phone'. I'm wondering if it might be an aftermarket head unit.

It doesn't have the backup camera.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The button definitely said 'Phone'. I'm wondering if it might be an aftermarket head unit.

It doesn't have the backup camera.
I'll message you, you can snap and picture and text it to me. I had plenty of touaregs so i'll can tell you pretty fast after seeing it.

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts