Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if someone could educate me or offer some insight on how to change the interval time on the windshield wipers in a 2013 TReg exec?

I have three detents on the stick: auto, low and high. Auto does not clear the window fast enough (like it lacks sensitivity) and the "low" setting is too fast.

If I rotate the dial on the top of the stick that appears to indicate degradations of interval speed, nothing changes-regardless of what detent I have the stick in. If I am in the auto detent and rotate that dial, the wipers activate once immediately.

I had it at the dealer and they insist it is functioning correctly. I'm over here just wanting to adjust the speed of my wipers.
What am I missing?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Was wondering if someone could educate me or offer some insight on how to change the interval time on the windshield wipers in a 2013 TReg exec?

I have three detents on the stick: auto, low and high. Auto does not clear the window fast enough (like it lacks sensitivity) and the "low" setting is too fast.

If I rotate the dial on the top of the stick that appears to indicate degradations of interval speed, nothing changes-regardless of what detent I have the stick in. If I am in the auto detent and rotate that dial, the wipers activate once immediately.

I had it at the dealer and they insist it is functioning correctly. I'm over here just wanting to adjust the speed of my wipers.
What am I missing?
I also have an Exec and am learning. Maybe this will be helpful.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a road trip this past week. On the trip I ran into some drizzle and road spray. Now I see what you are referring to. I am going to try RainX or similar. I know that water repellency is a great thing no matter the brand. It should take care of the issue as it greatly reduces the standing water on the windshield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
trdltly
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing