Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, on a decent run, 9 times out of ten, all will drive smooth and wi thought concern however and any particular time, the steering wheel will start to vibrate and make it very uncomfortable to hold on to, braking will also judder and feel awful. Turned engine off and restarted and all is fine with no repeat issue.
Can anyone offer any insight

Also, rear wiper has a mind of its own, stops when ever it likes or I have to wiggle the rear wiper control. The blade also jerks and stops out of position.

Any ideas please

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Hi, do you have any fault codes? Warnings? If yes post them here and it will help members to understand what the problem can be and narrow down the search :) kind regards, Nikoloz

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, no fault codes whatsoever, it's a little baffling as will just start from no where, sometimes lasts for a while, sometimes just a short distance. Camber of the road is immaculate. Tyres are even and good all round. I wondered if there was a air block in the power steering or something

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The rear wiper issue could be an on/off break in the wiring at the top of the tailgate by the hinge.

The wiring here has broken on several cars with different faults appearing.

The loom here is covered by small fiddly bits of black plastic trim. Remove them and carefully inspect the wires would be my first port of call.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
594 Posts
Hi there, on a decent run, 9 times out of ten, all will drive smooth and wi thought concern however and any particular time, the steering wheel will start to vibrate and make it very uncomfortable to hold on to, braking will also judder and feel awful. Turned engine off and restarted and all is fine with no repeat issue.
Can anyone offer any insight

Also, rear wiper has a mind of its own, stops when ever it likes or I have to wiggle the rear wiper control. The blade also jerks and stops out of position.

Any ideas please
If this were to happen anytime you braked at higher speeds would say your front rotors were warped, however the rotors are pretty robust on the car and the problem is intermittent. Still might want to check the front calipers and rotors. Just a guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.