Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Enjoy:

Some minutes after start and when ventilation is on, this noise (ticking + creaking) comes from the dashboard (driver side) without any regularity (sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes the whole trip).

Do you have any idea?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Sounds like one of the flaps is trying to move but can't.

Have you tried altering the various settings on the HVAC system to see if it makes a difference when this noise is happening?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I switched on/off the AC and/or air recirculation, changed temperature, source (front/bottom), intensity…
It seems that no particular setting can avoid this noise (aside from a full power off).

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You need to run a scan using VCDS to see what faults are logged.

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
You have an issue with one of the servo motors (flap controller) it is either jammed or broken and can't reach its proper position (limit switch) it therefore continue to retry the requested action.

To confirm this leave the key turned on ( as in your video) and turn the unit off. The noise should stop. On the 4 Zone units this is done by selecting the lowest fan speed on the drivers side when all controls are off the drivers side (button). Not sure exactly how it works on the 2 zone.
I have attached the Self Study Guide for the Heating/AC which may help diagnose the offending controller.

Stuart...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the Self Study, @hedditch!
I had it on my hard drive but totally forgot. :oops:

As I said, the noise stops when fan is off.
So yes, it should come from the left footwell flap V108.

I will investigate on this side.

@noobytoogy, you're right. A VCDS check can't be a bad thing to do.
I just need to buy a cable prior to that. :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts