Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in regards to the 04 V10:
Overhead and footwell lights do not work.
Fuse #12 (Left side dash panel) keeps blowing.
Once in a while they do work but for a short period of time, and when they do, they all work (so no lights out).
Also, and possibly not related, many of the console lights don't work either. For example: shifter gate lighting, vent knobs across dash, suspension-ESP-LOCK panel doesn't light, heated seat knobs, Parking sensor button ect, sun visor lights also don't work.
The door handles and under-mirror ambient lighting, instrument cluster & radio all light up.

I've checked the fuse boxes on either end of the dash. Driver's side (USA model) box panel #12 fuse is the one that keeps blowing. The passenger side fuse panel (overhead light fuse # I can't recall at the moment) is fine and working.

I've been trying to find wiring diagrams using my access to Identifix and ShopKeyPro but have come up empty.

Help?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No suggestions?

·
Registered
198 Posts
No suggestions?
I would look first at the rear footwell light mounted in the front seats. I have seen the front seat wiring come loose and get damaged from seat movement. It is very hard to find intermittent shorts in any vehicle.
Are all of the bulbs of the proper wattage?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the #12 fuse with a 20a circuit breaker from my collection of old Audi S4 parts. This will allow me some working time to diagnose the lighting issue.
There were many short to ground codes in the module.
I found the rear hatch courtesy light wiring broken and repaired that.
All lights are currently functioning.
I did look under the drives seat btw and didn't find any loose or broken wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts