Club Touareg Forum banner
1501 - 1516 of 1516 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,501 ·
Weight equals some unneeded stuff like that EGx thingy and maybe a few other things that aren't the best for the engine.

Yes I agree with you, finding a good dealership and/or independent shop is essential

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good afternoon all, just picked up a Q7 and the owner of the shop I used recommend I come here and look around, mentioned your trans tune as well. Still stock with the warranty on it for another year, but highly interested in getting the trans back to pre-fix operation! I'll be digging into here more often, want to do a little off-roading/overlanding with the Q7. No strangers to diesels, have an X5d and worked on several others. Hit me up when you get a chance @yrktreg ! [email protected]

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Soooo, some performance tranny tuning eh?

• Haha
Reactions: yrktreg

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can highly recommend the back to original Transmission Tune by yrktreg. Have had it in my 2014 Lux now for, what, close to 4 years? Now if I could get the pre VW USA dieselgate factory tune back on the ECM, that would be great, and get my MPG's back.

BTW, I do pass my every 2 year smog inspections in California with the TCM that was flashed back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can highly recommend the back to original Transmission Tune by yrktreg. Have had it in my 2014 Lux now for, what, close to 4 years? Now if I could get the pre VW USA dieselgate factory tune back on the ECM, that would be great, and get my MPG's back.

BTW, I do pass my every 2 year smog inspections in California with the TCM that was flashed back.

That's good to know. In NY it's plug-in only, no sniffers at least. As far as pre-fix MPGs, sounds like an aftermarket tune might be the only choice

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
That's good to know. In NY it's plug-in only, no sniffers at least. As far as pre-fix MPGs, sounds like an aftermarket tune might be the only choice
An inspection wouldn't care about a transmission tune...

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,514 ·
Soooo, some performance tranny tuning eh?
Too many pokers in the fire, a couple high performance engine rebuilds, building a shop, working on turbo upgrades for the T3's and another platform, jumped into some GM stuff no one else is doing, blah, blah, blah.

I'm hoping to have an alpha module your way by the end of the week.

Gotta get mine back together so I can test more stuff on my own rig with bigger turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,515 ·

Thank you, The ECM flash itself is simple if you don't mind it showing the prefix software number.

Or you could get an ecm from me to swap back and forth is also another option, but is complicated as I'd have to send you an ECM to use so you can send me your original so I can suck out the immo info and then have you send me the loaner ECM back to put your immo stuff in it, and then send it back to you for a spare to swap in and out for dealer work.

1501 - 1516 of 1516 Posts