Club Touareg Forum banner
1461 - 1474 of 1474 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,461 ·
New to the TDI world! came over from a gas B7 A4. Really interested in a TCU pre-fix, I have a post-fix 2013 Q7 with a 0C8927750AQ part number running software 3399. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'll send you a message :)

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,462 ·
I certainly hope you manage to sort it out, it can't be any good for you...
Thank you!
I've had some scans done that didn't really show anything, another Dr's appt this week to hopefully figure this out

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,463 ·
@yrktreg
Someone has to stir the pot! :p

Drs are still trying to figure some stuff out, like why I have blood in my urine :(

Hi there,
First I want to say I hope your health is improving that's the most important thing.
I've been reading these forums for weeks now in anticipation of getting my new 104,xxx miles 2015 q7 tdi. The dealer I'm buying from took it in for a "couple of open recalls" to make sure it was good to sell after the glow plug light came on. Long story short audi is two and a half weeks in on the emissions reflash that was never done. Great news I know. Fresh warranty though.
My question is I plan to use VCDS to switch to the Porsche Cayenne shift points will this make a difference? If it still doesn't perform well what do you charge to reflash to pre-fix software?
Thank you in advance,
Ryan
Hi Ryan,
While the Cayenne coding will help some, it doesn't fix the lag, the loss of engine braking, nor the driving like a gasser and not utilizing the diesels peak torque. That's where my flash come in :)

I'll shoot you a message

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,464 ·
Now my local audi dealer which is horrible, worst I've ever dealt with of any manufacturer, has had it for almost 3 weeks for what VW publication says should only take about 3 hrs.
Back story:
It threw a glow plug and check engine light the day I test drove it and dropped into limp home mode. Dealer said he'd take it to audi and make sure it was all fixed before he sold it. Audi said it had "a couple of open recalls " More than two weeks later here we are.
Wow hope they get it sorted out soon for you.

I know a lot of parts are on backorder :(

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,465 ·
BTW I am really appreciative of everyone's patience as I am getting things figured out on my health.

I tend to pop on here and answer all of my message and posts, and then take a break for a bit.

Just in case you hadn't noticed :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
yrktreg - I feel like I know you personally and I sure hope your health gets better and better! I had purchased a re-programmed transmission module from you and installed it about a year ago. The differences seemed minor to me - but no complaints. However, a few months ago I started having rough shifts. Most noticeable was the 3-4th gear under acceleration. This "shift" was just really strange (consistently). It's like it would slip and then lock up hard... like it didn't know what it wanted to do. I lived with this issue for the past several months (although not driving as frequently) and I just tried to avoid harder acceleration. Frankly, I lived with it for awhile because I had misplaced my original module but finally found it and installed this weekend. I believe it has cured the problem - although I need more time to confirm for certain. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any anomalies with the re-programmed module, maybe the 3-4 shift in particular?

·
Registered
105 Posts
when is the last time you changed your transmission oil?
This is a 2016 with ~24,000 miles. Shifting problems completely gone after swapping module back to the stock module. It is almost as if it "learned" incorrectly. Somehow, the situation was progressively worsening and I was increasingly convinced it could be a physical transmission problem. However, replacing the module has completely solved the problem.

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
349 Posts
This is a 2016 with ~24,000 miles. Shifting problems completely gone after swapping module back to the stock module. It is almost as if it "learned" incorrectly. Somehow, the situation was progressively worsening and I was increasingly convinced it could be a physical transmission problem. However, replacing the module has completely solved the problem.
When I drive aggressively (most of the time) it does that occasionally. Then my wife drives it(slower than Christmas and not nearly as much fun. She's gonna kill me. ) And the harshness smoothes back out.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd swear that my symptoms seemed to be getting worse. It could be the case that perhaps my driving style was changing - but I doubt that at my age. I'm just very, very, happy we were able to find the "old" module that we removed in favor of the re-tuned one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With @yrktreg health issues which I completely understand is there anyone else who does these same pre-fix reflashes? Just bought the '15 Q7 at the start of its extended TDI warranty.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
5 Posts
In about 2 weeks time, I’m about to bring my 2013 Canadian spec T3 with 108k kms on it in for the fix to extend the warranty. It just so happens I experienced my second DEF heater fault a few weeks ago too so itll be nice to get that fixed.

I purchased an 750CF TCM from a wrecker while my stock ‘13 should be an AK. From what gather, these should be replaceable with each other as the 13-14 models were the same correct? I plan on going in to get the fix with the CF module and replace my virgin AK right after. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
278 Posts
@jordanlee , while I have a 6-speed, and therefore am not eligible for the reflash that @yrktreg does, I did what you are proposing. My 2010 was post-fix when I bought it. Shifting when cold was not what I wanted. I bought another module (from Europe) that had a different letter suffix but the regular flash. Plugged it in, back to normal shifting.

1461 - 1474 of 1474 Posts