Club Touareg Forum banner

1361 - 1369 of 1369 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,361
Troystg up above had some great pics- made it a lot easier for me to replace it.

USPS was very slow due to Christmas rush- just got the TCM yesterday. Installed it today and went for a drive around the valley.

I think it is much improved. It actually uses second gear- before it would just kinda "skip" over it. It no longer tries to hold gears and rev up to 2600 RPM or so and just hang there when the engine is cold.

Doesn't seem to have the delay when entering an intersection with a yield sign- so when coasting at a slow speed then giving it gas it used to have a delay then a clunk as it suddenly figured out that it should be driving.

Very happy with it. It's the way the transmission should be.
Happy to hear this :)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,362
@yrktreg It seems that my new user status disallows for sending out private messages. Please send me your contact information if you are still providing TCU flashing services for the Cayenne Diesel.

@Troystg Thanks for the pictures and procedure on swapping the TCU. That really helped me understand where to look and purchase necessary tools required before starting the job.
Message on the way...

·
Registered
5 Posts
In this case we will just do the exchange. I send you a unit already programmed you keep and install that unit, and then send me yours back to be programmed for the next person.
Ok thanks I’ll send you a PM with the required info.
Tks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Touareg TDi
5 Posts
Hi yrktreg! I would love to get the the pre-fix on my 2015 Touareg TDi, but its my daily driver. What do you offer? Please send me your contact info as I am a new member. Thank you!

·
Registered
2015 Touareg TDi
5 Posts
Hi yrktreg! I would love to get the the pre-fix on my 2015 Touareg TDi, but its my daily driver. What do you offer? Please send me your contact info as I am a new member. Thank you!
Sorry for the double post, but I just acquired a spare TCM and should have it in a few days. Let me know the process to get this done sir! Very much looking forward to the pre-Fix.Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,367
Sorry for the double post, but I just acquired a spare TCM and should have it in a few days. Let me know the process to get this done sir! Very much looking forward to the pre-Fix.Thank you!
Good for you, I have a thread on here with instructions for mailing it in, payment, etc :)

I am working on something online for the exchange program as well where members can go to put their names on a waiting list if there is one, and also for people that want to purchase their own extra module to be able to see if I have one in stock and if not to be able to place their names on a list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just spent a couple days driving on my tuned TCU I got back from Joe this week for my '15 Cayenne. Couldn't be happier with the results. While USPS Priority took a week to travel only a 5 hour drive away, Joe turned around the tune quickly and graciously sent it back 2nd day back.

Most noticeable is the shift pattern while the car is warming up. No more hung shifts and holding high RPM. Very happy with the performance regained.

I was able to remove and reinstall the TCU without removing the seat but just moving it up and forward. From there, you pull the carpet up and stick your arm in to feel the TCU, press the release tab on the sides and pull it out.

I'll bought a spare TCU (0C8927769AG) that I will be putting up for sale on eBay unless someone here would like to buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,369
I just spent a couple days driving on my tuned TCU I got back from Joe this week for my '15 Cayenne. Couldn't be happier with the results. While USPS Priority took a week to travel only a 5 hour drive away, Joe turned around the tune quickly and graciously sent it back 2nd day back.

Most noticeable is the shift pattern while the car is warming up. No more hung shifts and holding high RPM. Very happy with the performance regained.

I was able to remove and reinstall the TCU without removing the seat but just moving it up and forward. From there, you pull the carpet up and stick your arm in to feel the TCU, press the release tab on the sides and pull it out.

I'll bought a spare TCU (0C8927769AG) that I will be putting up for sale on eBay unless someone here would like to buy it.
I'm happy that you are happy :)

1361 - 1369 of 1369 Posts