Club Touareg Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1369 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I found a 2009 with the same part number including the rev letters with only 45.5K kms. Maybe... Every one of their listings apparently has the same donor. But they do all say 2009-2010 only.

ETA: Ha! I bought the one that was 5% off. Every other listing from them is now gone so it seems as though they had one item listed about 10 times.

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
217 Posts
Used the triple square to unbolt the seat, cut a few "connector strips" on the carpet and lifted the carpet to reveal the goods..

10mm socket to unbolt the TCM and then the carriage slides to the rear of the vehicle.

Pull the slide on the connector and then I had to GENTLY pry the connector off the TCM.

Open the side tabs on the carrier and the TCM lifts out.

Actually very easy operation.

I swapped TCMs with the "pre-fix" yktreg sold me and I stashed the original in a plastic bag on the back of the seat. Once I decide to keep yktreg's TCM installed I will put the original in my "pile o' parts".

Took it out for a 5 minute ride and the immediate impression was better but there is no way it could have adapted that quick so I will reserve my opinion until next weekend after a week of driving. However I will say that it felt like an in between of the old drive and sport mode.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
test drove the bmw x5d (non M) again... this thing in sport + is a beast... since im higher hp and tq im assuming the trans mapping is way different, anyone familiar with the x5d and can compare the 2 3.0's??? and any luck on loaner swaps yet from Joe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just double checking... when removing tcm battery does not need to be disconnected as long as key is off and remains off. Correct?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just double checking... when removing tcm battery does not need to be disconnected as long as key is off and remains off. Correct?
Correct, I did not remove battery when doing my T. I replaced the TCM, did accelerator reset when done, and that was it, really. No need to even keep the battery charging, since you're not flashing anything.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,348
Used the triple square to unbolt the seat, cut a few "connector strips" on the carpet and lifted the carpet to reveal the goods..

10mm socket to unbolt the TCM and then the carriage slides to the rear of the vehicle.

Pull the slide on the connector and then I had to GENTLY pry the connector off the TCM.

Open the side tabs on the carrier and the TCM lifts out.

Actually very easy operation.

I swapped TCMs with the "pre-fix" yktreg sold me and I stashed the original in a plastic bag on the back of the seat. Once I decide to keep yktreg's TCM installed I will put the original in my "pile o' parts".

Took it out for a 5 minute ride and the immediate impression was better but there is no way it could have adapted that quick so I will reserve my opinion until next weekend after a week of driving. However I will say that it felt like an in between of the old drive and sport mode.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk
Awesome pics sir!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,349
Correct, I did not remove battery when doing my T. I replaced the TCM, did accelerator reset when done, and that was it, really. No need to even keep the battery charging, since you're not flashing anything.
Correct 100%

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,350
Have an extra 2013 module for sale, can also be used for a 2014 $650

This allows you to keep your original module

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
You might want to read that 2nd line again.

Reactions: yrktreg and MMMZON

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
So buy a flash instead of a spare module 🤡

·
Registered
332 Posts
My only guess is that OP is trying to avoid down time i.e. not have to remove the TCM, have it shipped out, flashed, and wait for it to come back. The car is pretty much useless until then.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Troystg up above had some great pics- made it a lot easier for me to replace it.

USPS was very slow due to Christmas rush- just got the TCM yesterday. Installed it today and went for a drive around the valley.

I think it is much improved. It actually uses second gear- before it would just kinda "skip" over it. It no longer tries to hold gears and rev up to 2600 RPM or so and just hang there when the engine is cold.

Doesn't seem to have the delay when entering an intersection with a yield sign- so when coasting at a slow speed then giving it gas it used to have a delay then a clunk as it suddenly figured out that it should be driving.

Very happy with it. It's the way the transmission should be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My only guess is that OP is trying to avoid down time i.e. not have to remove the TCM, have it shipped out, flashed, and wait for it to come back. The car is pretty much useless until then.
You got it my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
@yrktreg It seems that my new user status disallows for sending out private messages. Please send me your contact information if you are still providing TCU flashing services for the Cayenne Diesel.

@Troystg Thanks for the pictures and procedure on swapping the TCU. That really helped me understand where to look and purchase necessary tools required before starting the job.

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
217 Posts
@yrktreg It seems that my new user status disallows for sending out private messages. Please send me your contact information if you are still providing TCU flashing services for the Cayenne Diesel.

@Troystg Thanks for the pictures and procedure on swapping the TCU. That really helped me understand where to look and purchase necessary tools required before starting the job.
My pleasure. It may make yktrgs job easier(less questions to answer over and over) and might ease the fear of the unknown to first timers like me! :)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,360
Hmmm I would be interested. How much would you give me for my core TCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In this case we will just do the exchange. I send you a unit already programmed you keep and install that unit, and then send me yours back to be programmed for the next person.

1341 - 1360 of 1369 Posts