Club Touareg Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1369 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,322
B) I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. Dealers will always be able to tell the difference from a complete stock file vs a modified one for the good reason that even if you change revision, software id, bosch sofware id, CVN, you won't be able to alter the flash checksum results. Unless you go in a decompiling journey to disable all the checksum routines in that ECU and there are a lot of them in EDC17.

Plus, everyone who pay for that "stealth" extra and want their ECU tuned afterwards for performance by whatever tuning company (Malone for example) they will get their ECU overwrited by a tuned prefix software with the right CVN, software revision, etc... So all that money for nothing unless they send their ECU to Malone directly so he can do a bench read and that he cares to add his tune on top of your modifications who will be detectable by the dealers anyway.

So 1) You want prefix software and you want to keep your warranty -> make sure you can restore your ECU to fix version using a backup you made before flashing prefix file.
2) You don't want to keep your warranty then flash the prefix software, buy a tune and never look back.

Cheers !
B) Sorry but you are incorrect again LOL
Of course the checksums are corrected, otherwise you would get a fault in the module.

So i'm offering people two things, STOCK stealth ECU "tune", and me flashing their ECU back to a pre-fix file so Malone can then base their tuned file off of the more responsive pre-fix file. I think you are a little confused, or maybe my posts just aren't clear enough.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
On one hand you have joe who's been here for decades and proven himself in numerous ways for the Touareg community, and the other hand some no name guy who's come out of thin air and been proven wrong on several occasions so far..

Reactions: yrktreg

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,324
Yeah, i'm just hoping he doesn't brick anyone's modules

And it looks like they have never decompiled anything. I mean that's where the fun is :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
B) Sorry but you are incorrect again LOL
Of course the checksums are corrected, otherwise you would get a fault in the module.
LOL That's the point of disabling a checksum routine so you don't have to correct it and make the result look like whatever you want... That would be really useful in a "stealth" tune.

So i'm offering people two things, STOCK stealth ECU "tune", and me flashing their ECU back to a pre-fix file so Malone can then base their tuned file off of the more responsive pre-fix file. I think you are a little confused, or maybe my posts just aren't clear enough.
That so called "stealth" tune is completely useless as I said it will be always differentiable from an OEM stock software at least for a VAG dealer so what's the point ? It may fool some state's inpection diag tools but other than that useless.

On one hand you have joe who's been here for decades and proven himself in numerous ways for the Touareg community, and the other hand some no name guy who's come out of thin air and been proven wrong on several occasions so far..
And who are you also to judge that I have been proven wrong? Have you ever flashed something or decompiled something yourself? The overwhelming majority of people here actually never opened a binary file... I'm new to Touareg yeah but I'm not to VAG cars and they all share the same modules. I've been helping a lot of people close to me getting their car back to what it was before that ****ty fix and I thought it could be a nice idea to inform people here that there is an alternative for those of you in Canada more specifically in ON/QC. So if this thread goes silent for another year, you'll know that there is an option B. IIRC I didn't see anybody else capable of offering that service except for joe and me, are you ?

If that is so easy where is this holy grail ZF tool everyone's been waiting for at least the last 2 years ? Yeah it should be there next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
and me flashing their ECU back to a pre-fix file so Malone can then base their tuned file off of the more responsive pre-fix file.

Hoping I'm not working backwards here. My car is currently at the shop for Malone stage 2, deletes and exhaust. Hoping to use yrktreg’s flash as soon as available. Would flashing tcm back to pre-fix change malones tune? Should the tcm flash have happened first?

·
Registered
10 Posts
and me flashing their ECU back to a pre-fix file so Malone can then base their tuned file off of the more responsive pre-fix file.

Hoping I'm not working backwards here. My car is currently at the shop for Malone stage 2, deletes and exhaust. Hoping to use yrktreg’s flash as soon as available. Would flashing tcm back to pre-fix change malones tune? Should the tcm flash have happened first?
Nope ECU and TCU have their own software so you're good, but if you wanted to have the prefix software in your ECU before getting Malone's tune, that is a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,330
LOL That's the point of disabling a checksum routine so you don't have to correct it and make the result look like whatever you want... That would be really useful in a "stealth" tune.

That so called "stealth" tune is completely useless as I said it will be always differentiable from an OEM stock software at least for a VAG dealer so what's the point ? It may fool some state's inpection diag tools but other than that useless.

And who are you also to judge that I have been proven wrong? Have you ever flashed something or decompiled something yourself? The overwhelming majority of people here actually never opened a binary file... I'm new to Touareg yeah but I'm not to VAG cars and they all share the same modules. I've been helping a lot of people close to me getting their car back to what it was before that ****ty fix and I thought it could be a nice idea to inform people here that there is an alternative for those of you in Canada more specifically in ON/QC. So if this thread goes silent for another year, you'll know that there is an option B. IIRC I didn't see anybody else capable of offering that service except for joe and me, are you ?

If that is so easy where is this holy grail ZF tool everyone's been waiting for at least the last 2 years ? Yeah it should be there next week.
LOL I think you are confusing CVN, and checksum

That's ok you have fun flashing all the Touareg's with the ZF transmissions :D

Negative on the Stealth tune being detectable. Hence why it hasn't been released yet.

And i've had a ZF tune for over a year now. I'm currently working on a write up between my medical treatments that leave me exhausted. Oh and that why I wasn't on here for a few months, maybe you missed that part :p

So tell us oh great Katana (isn't that Japanese) what earth shattering services are you offering the Touareg Community?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

No I have not done any of that you are correct. But I know that Joe has literally been on this very site, creating his own engineered parts for the Touareg by hand for decades. And I Don't just mean the TCU fix he's done a whole lot of other awesome creations for the Touareg going all the way back to the t1. no offense but I'm a member of probably a dozen or more forums and not all under the same username and I don't believe I've ever seen your name come up before so it's hard to speak to your reliability and knowledge when it comes to playing with a central control module that if bricked will bring the entire vehicle to a screeching halt and potentially cause catastrophic damage

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,332

For people that want to keep their DPF and have less Def consumption. It is possible to have your ecu flashed with a pre-fix file first. For people that are deleting it, it won't make much of a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For people that want to keep their DPF and have less Def consumption. It is possible to have your ecu flashed with a pre-fix file first. For people that are deleting it, it won't make much of a difference.
Thanks for the clarification. Just making sure that I’m optimizing it’s potential. I’ve gone back and started reading this thread from the beginning in hopes of not asking questions that have been answered dozens of times but only on page 20 so far. Are the results of the t3 with prefix tcm flash, stage 2 Malone and deletes/exhaust as drastic as a 2.0 tdi with stage 2 deletes/exhaust and dsg tune?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,334
My TCM pre-fix tune will pair nicely with the Malone stage 2. This is why they usually refer people to me.

Feel free to ask any questions, i'll be back on in a bit

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can say what you want, but you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Maybe you should have started your own thread and introduced yourself and your ideas in its own discussion.

Instead you hijacked an existing thread with hundreds of posts. Likely why everyone is on the defensive.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Working on getting the 6 speed protocols worked out for flashing...
So hopefully soon
Thanks for the update.

Question on the final two letters of the TCM part number. I'm looking at some modules from Europe, and I'm wondering if I can grab anything with the base part number or if it needs to be exact.

Also, does the donor vehicle need to have the same engine? I would think so for tuning/timing/pressure control/etc to match everything as a system.

My thought is to get a Euro module that should have the non-dieslegate flash in it. The ones from Germany say they are for US-model CATA only. So I'm wondering what program will be in it. This would also be the module that gets flashed in case what is in it is what I already have.

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
217 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Question on the final two letters of the TCM part number. I'm looking at some modules from Europe, and I'm wondering if I can grab anything with the base part number or if it needs to be exact.

Also, does the donor vehicle need to have the same engine? I would think so for tuning/timing/pressure control/etc to match everything as a system.

My thought is to get a Euro module that should have the non-dieslegate flash in it. The ones from Germany say they are for US-model CATA only. So I'm wondering what program will be in it. This would also be the module that gets flashed in case what is in it is what I already have.
I got a TCM from Joe and it had a different "revision" number than the one in my truck. Joe said the hardware was the same and his flash overwrites what it came with.

Still waiting (45+ days) to get my Treg back from the dealership to try it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
I got a TCM from Joe and it had a different "revision" number than the one in my truck.
Revision only matter as far as "stock" settings / flash is concerned. Outside of that, the module is exactly the same (same hardware, most of it that matters anyway). Once the module us flashed you can pretty much disregard the last revision letter / number.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a TCM from Joe and it had a different "revision" number than the one in my truck. Joe said the hardware was the same and his flash overwrites what it came with.

Still waiting (45+ days) to get my Treg back from the dealership to try it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk
Revision only matter as far as "stock" settings / flash is concerned. Outside of that, the module is exactly the same (same hardware, most of it that matters anyway). Once the module us flashed you can pretty much disregard the last revision letter / number.
OK, this is what I was thinking. Since Joe doesn't have a working solution for my model yet, I'd like to grab one from Europe and try it. If it happens to be the same flash I already have, not a terrible loss (except it is more expensive than other revs) as I would be buying one for him once he is ready to flash my version of trans module.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Make sure you find a module that was harvested from car crashes as close to manufacture date as possible. I found two for 2016 model but by the time they came in my T was gone ...

1321 - 1340 of 1369 Posts