Club Touareg Forum banner

1181 - 1194 of 1194 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
In most cases it's this easy but there are several short codes you can use. I uploaded 001168 cayenne coding to like mine
I think selecting different coding forces a relearn but if not, definitely do one.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tried going to that screen in VagCom earlier today but mine didn't show any check boxes or anything like that. I wonder if I enter that code (001168) manually if it will work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I logged in and tried 00b168 as the cayenne map. I get the gear indicator and the shifting is definitely different. Not sure what the difference is between my code and Volkswagen for life's suggestion. I so see Ross tech has a handful of canned Q7 and Touareg and cayenn maps. I have not tried them.

I do notice the new map gives a touch of engine braking and seems to keep the revs around 1500, a touch higher than Touareg which results in a little peppier driving. Not annoying like.yhe cold Third gear hang though.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yes my coding offers the gearshift indicator and a touch of engine braking. Also Like i said I think when you upload coding for the tranny it forces a tranny relearn but if not you should definitely do a relearn procedure for maximum benefit.

The 3rd gear cold hang actually disappears for a bit when the tranny does a relearn but it will come back after it's programmed the new shift strategy

Edit: also if you aren't seeing preset tranny shift strategies then you're probably on an old version of vagcom

·
Registered
705 Posts
Only 2011-2014 have the different tranny maps available, 2015+ used a different TCM and much longer coding. Mine is 010500000C008400000000000000000000000000

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Only 2011-2014 have the different tranny maps available, 2015+ used a different TCM and much longer coding. Mine is 010500000C008400000000000000000000000000
Well that's interesting. So you're saying you can't upload cayenne shift maps to the 2015+ cars??

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am pretty happy with my TCM but curious about the cayanne tune. I just didn’t want anything to happen to Joes Tune. Does anyone know what changing joes tune to one of the cayanne maps will do?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am pretty happy with my TCM but curious about the cayanne tune. I just didn’t want anything to happen to Joes Tune. Does anyone know what changing joes tune to one of the cayanne maps will do?
Joes tune is not a tune, per se. it’s a re-flash of the pre-emissions fix tune that the Touareg originally came with. So if your Touareg has had the emissions fix applied, joes “tune” will revert your TCM back to the original programming prior to the emissions fix.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So how would that be effected by changing the coding. Is it gonna to go back to the cold warm up coding just with the cayanne shift patterns? I not quite sure how deep those coding changes go. I mean I am pretty happy with it so probably should just leave it alone but I am curious about the cayanne coding and whether I would like it more.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The cayenne coding is just more sporty driving. It's eager to downshift, it is more dynamic with throttle application etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It sounds like many of you would benefit from uploading the cayenne shift strategy in vagcom. My touareg is always in the right gear at the right time and 99% of the time the throttle responds exactly as I'd like it. I have post fix tcu but Malone stage II with dpf and cat still in tact

Aside from cayenne strategy you guys should do a transmission reset and relearn. Literally zero complaints about my wonderful aisin or pedal response.

Also keep in mind that drive by wire is always going to be a little more delayed than a cable throttle. Pedal commander should be able to bring pedal responsiveness in line with a cable though
I have a Cayenne.

If "switching to the Cayenne map" is an improvement for you Treg/Q7 guys... then Jesus H the shifting in yours must be REALLY bad, because I hate it in the Cayenne. :/

It's been so long since mine was "pre-fix" that I can't remember the exact details of how it drove.... other than, I never had any complaints.

Basically... how your TDI drives when its 25 degrees outside in the middle of winter? It drove like that ALL the time.

Now it seems like, even on a cooler day, if there's high humidity/high dewpoint? This thing only wants to sit in 6th+ gear. Rolling a corner is downright dangerous.

1181 - 1194 of 1194 Posts