Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dismantled my intake manifold from my v8 and there is oil inside what could be the problem? The rubber gasket is broken and in bad condition, I can’t get a new one here in Venezuela, can I use the old one in combination with silicone gasket or liquid permatex aviación?

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
421 Posts
There is no rubber gasket made for intake manifold. The old one that you see is silicone. Remove it and clean the channels, clean the manifold. Then use use silicone gasket maker. I did this earlier this year on my 05 V8 when the flaps were seized.

This is video at minute 4:26

·
Registered
4 Posts
And the intake camshafts are dirty and it looks that the don’t have enough lubrication, is that normal?
can you post a picture? I dont know how difficult it is for you to get parts in Venezuela but you could try ordering any parts from www.FCPeuro.com (if they ship there). They have lifetime warranty on all parts. And if it really comes down to it, you could replace the pcv with a catch can setup. I did that on my vr6.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I bought the car the couldn’t tell me what oil was inside and didn’t had enough oil so I changed the filter and oil. The situation here in Venezuela is a problem that’s why the people use cheap oil and parts, I don’t now what to do, use an engine flush? They don’t recommend that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts