Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to fix a manifold flap errors on a 2008 4.2 liter V8? I have an error code P2005 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open Bank 2. I took it to a dealership and they told me I need a new manifold $1,800? Never heard of that at 80K miles. Any help would be much appreciated or a good and cheap VW mechanic in Connecticut.

Thanks
Grey08

·
Registered
206 Posts
Can't really recommend on where you should take your car since I'm on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean... Anyway, I too had the "intake manifold flap position sensor - inplausible signal" fault and the yellow emission system fault indicator lit up on the dashboard.

I fixed mine at an independent workshop. They found out that the centre axis (which rotates the flaps) had popped out of its mounting point at the other end, which caused the position sensor to go haywire, basically...

After the workshop remounted it, and after it repopped again with the fault indicator, I ordered an aftermarket repair set from eBay, and let them do the intake manifold cleaning and replace the flap, axis & other moving parts. Although only bank 1 was faulty, I let them do the job for both manifolds. No problems since then.

Needless to say, it became considerably cheaper than what the dealer quoted (that's what I, too, was quoted - intake manifold total replacement which I think is a bit too harsh for such a minor fault at the end of the day...)

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There really seems to be drive unit for both flaps with rods. Part you might need is 079 129 086 B and parts catalog says you should also order 2 of 07L 133 556. But check first that the rod really is out first.
Also try if you can make it stay on its place just by popping it back. Because that drive unit is not cheap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I Had the P2008 code come up. Checked both "banks", on bank one the link arm was off on the lower flap, clipped it back on after three days it came off again, I took the old one off, and replaced the link arm with the new one. Its all fine now. It took nomore than 10mins to replace. I found that the factory arms the sockets dont hold/ clip in tight enough, where as the new ones clip in more. The motors, manifold , etc are all fine, just the link control arms the sockets seem to wear out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny thing is the check engine light is not on and fixed itself. It sounds like it doesn't like the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts