Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving along, and notice that in the little middle box in between the odometer and the trip meter, it reads my speed, but in km/H. My manual says that the clock is displayed there, but in mine, the clock is displayed in the box just above the bottom center spot. I couldn't find anything in the manual that explains how to change this, or at least, change that display to Mph.

·
Registered
490 Posts
you can cycle through numerous screens using the right thumbwheel on the steering wheel, by pressing or rolling the thumbwheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chewblekka, I should have explained that the thumb wheel options had been gone through. I found the Units option, but doesn't seem to effect that digital speed display. My first question is does anyone else have the same thing going on with the order of the display as opposed to the manual, with the Time displayed OVER the digital speed like mine, or the other way around as discribed in the manual? I'm including a pic of what I see. I might have to get my VCDS hooked up, but not sure if I'd find a solution there either.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I'm unclear as to what you guys are saying that the problem is.
- are you saying that your speedometer digital reading won't display in your main screen at all?
- or are you saying that you "alternate" readout shown in the middle lower portion is not reading in the same units as your MAIN readout above?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm unclear as to what you guys are saying that the problem is.

- are you saying that your speedometer digital reading won't display in your main screen at all?

- or are you saying that you "alternate" readout shown in the middle lower portion is not reading in the same units as your MAIN readout above?

My understanding is the “alternate” readout shown in the middle lower portion is different, as in the vehicle is set to MPH yet that small middle lower portion reads KPH.

I could not find a function to change the portion of the screen to read MPH instead of KPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
My understanding is the “alternate” readout shown in the middle lower portion is different, as in the vehicle is set to MPH yet that small middle lower portion reads KPH.

I could not find a function to change the portion of the screen to read MPH instead of KPH.

That is correct.... hence the alternate part........

It wouldn't be very alternate if it was the SAME UOM

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Why would I need to see KPH if my vehicle is set to mph? Why is there a need for an alternate?

Because some of us cross the border and are not calculators to do the math conversion on the fly.....
Some clusters also only show one UOM, such as my '14 which only have a KPH scale, unlike what you've shown that has a dual.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Go into your settings and turn off "alternate speed" and that center area will become blank..... that's what I have in my DD scenario.... I only enable it once I cross the border into you're neck of the woods......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Go into your settings and turn off "alternate speed" and that center area will become blank..... that's what I have in my DD scenario.... I only enable it once I cross the border into you're neck of the woods......

Thank you sir. I appreciate the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts