Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Just wanting to confirm which line I should tap into to install a provent 200. I'm assuming it's the hose tucked in the drivers side back as circled in the pic. Runs from the rocker cover to the intake just before the turbo. I don't touch the cyclonic separater in this install do I? This confuses me a little as I can't find where the seperator taps into the vacuum side at all? Sorry for the questions, cars have come a long way in the last 15 years since I have played with any.... I have searched on the forums but can't find any information or pictures of people having installed these on a V6, only on the V8's and V10's....

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Great selection in the Provent. I was tempted to get one for my setup, but I ended up going with a cheap lil Mishimoto.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/oil-catch-can-installation-has-it-been-done-123546.html

Click on the link that Zagg posted (3rd one down). It has the study guide for your engine.

If I'm looking at it right, there is a line to the right of, and a lil back towards the firewall, that is the one you would want to tap into. In your second picture, it looks like it would be the black rubber line that has green lettering.

I'm not 100% sure, but thats what it looks like.

You essentially want to plumb your provent after your crankcase cover, before your OEM cyclonic, which then continue on to your intake line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts