Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P1664 error - PD injectors closed circuit. I got this error after my tandem pump replacment. I tripled check the plug is in correctly and looked for any obvious wiring issues. Even went to the dealer and they were no help.

They called the "VW hotline" after finding no instructions in the manual on how to fix it.......

The hotline suggested wiring harness in the head or to the ECM

I was able to find instructions for correctly testing the resistance on the injector wiring that runs from the ECM to the plug in the back of the head. (I can post that when i get home).

If that proves to be be all good then the next step in the harness in the head. I see lots of videos on how to do it on the 1.9 tdi. But how do I get the valve cover off the v10????

I don't even see any bolts! weird. any guidance or pics would be helpful before I tackle this. thanks in advance

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem SOLVED! SO glad this is over.

SO. Dealer had no solution other than testing the resistance on the wiring($300-$400). I knew that already and hoped they had a better solution... oh well. They said the "VW hotline" said that is all the wiring checked out, it was the ECM.

So I first tested the harness from the ecm to the head plug. you have to cut the antitheft bracket to get the ECM plugs.

So resistance all check out at under 1.5ohm (in spec as per manual). So i bit the bullet and puller the valve cover. everything moves out the way and the only hard part was the oil vaper plastic hose that comes out the middle. I could not move it so i broke a bigger hole in the black plastic cover (that is just clipped on - no screws). that way i can remover that with getting the breather tube off.

Then i loosened all the valve cover bolts. some come out some just sit in the cover. THe only tricky one is the back corner towards the wheel well.

I then tested the harness while it was in place and everything was cool. Finally i plugged in the socket and test the from the ecm harness plug to the injector - NO signal.... hmmm. so the plug is not making contact . I ended up tweaking the pins slightly so they fit a little snugger. and it worked. had great resistance (1.5 or lower).

Everything goes back together and runs like a dream!

Moral or the story: make sure that injector plug is FULLY seated. I thought it was after i re did it 5-6 times but not until I had both end exposed was i able to get it seated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts