Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can anyone tell me were I can get a new or reco injector for 2004 v10 . Vw dealers say no stock in Oz ex Germany oh your and bolt was told it's a must do when replacing injector or is that a story!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi yer i did ask a few deisol reco placers but not that interested in recoing mine. i will need to get it sorted asap

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Drag yes thanks ill get onto the reco injector and bolt , seal kits i could not get a reco anywere i looked only used but didnt wont to risk it seeing i could not get anyone interested i recoing. thanks again .
PS

alternator is all good now no more problem:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Drag
Got the bolts and seal kits Thank you,I got the reco injector from someone else only because it was cheaper and im a tight ass.;)

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Hi Drag
Got the bolts and seal kits Thank you,I got the reco injector from someone else only because it was cheaper and im a tight ass.;)

Mark you need to be a tight ass when you own a V10.
They were just samples of the selections out there.
Why do you think your injector is bad? How did you come to that fix from a miss fire?

regards
Drag

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Drag , car gets a miss when i give it a rev 2500/ 3000 rpm then stays at idle when i turn the engine off and re start its fine .
put it on my VCDS get a 19565 - pd unit injector cyl 7 (n303 )p3109 elect tmalfunion and running at idle i get 16691 cyl 7 p0307- 000 misfire detected

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks Flash i did get that injector , good system easy ordering and quick delivery 2/3 days will be great
I didn't look around much but that one was a lot cheaper than the other one.

I've got an Explorer, a SAAB, a BMW and now the Treg so I'm used to getting on the interwebs to find parts, usually overseas.

Funny thing, when I was looking for a clutch for the SAAB the cheapest by a long shot was right here in Brisbane. A good one, Exedy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes Flash , i know what you mean i sold my explorer 03 limited v8 (good car dont deserve the bad name) to buy the reg for van weight resons and love it even though its a bit temperamental

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes Flash , i know what you mean i sold my explorer 03 limited v8 (good car dont deserve the bad name) to buy the reg for van weight resons and love it even though its a bit temperamental
I think maybe they picked up the reputation because of their cost.
My '96 Limited was $5x,000 new, that's a lot.

The V8 doesn't have low range, that probably didn't help.

I can drive mine straight off the road onto the beach and just let the auto 4wd take over, I don't because I believe in preserving the tracks but the car can do it.

I got my reg because I have to lurk around Real Estate agents a fair bit and I needed a respectable looking car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts