Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, We purchased a 2013 Touareg TDI in January, 56k miles, just last week our infotainment screen went blank. Pressing the on / off button does nothing. On the gauge panel "navigation starting" comes up but nothing else happens. Same with radio function, telephone. Is there a diagnostic we can run ourselves before we involve the dealer? Since being newbies to the the T, is there something basic we're missing? thanks in advance for your expertise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
went in for diagnostic last week, control module 7P6035664CX is faulty, replacing would cost $1928.36. Chose to ship the module to be rebuilt at a cost of $665.00. Two week turnaround, we'll keep you posted with the results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
went in for diagnostic last week, control module 7P6035664CX is faulty, replacing would cost $1928.36. Chose to ship the module to be rebuilt at a cost of $665.00. Two week turnaround, we'll keep you posted with the results.
How did it work out and where abouts did you send it off to?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Sam,

I admire your optimism but its been two years with no update. It appears he only joined for help with his issue and hasn't contributed anything to the site before or since.

I too had this problem with the sat nav screen on my mk1 and had to source a new to me replacement unit due to a lack of content.

VW have been making the Touareg since 2002. This site (and the interweb) should be overflowing with content. There should, by now, be a solution posted to every known malfunction/failure. But there isn't, because of too many selfish people only interested in helping themselves.

Too many people only join to help themselves and don't stick around to help the community by posting their solutions to the issues they encounter.

The site is having some life breathed back into it by new and longstanding members who take pictures and write articles for the problems they encounter. But more can be done and that involves new members like you and me.

I personally am posting with pictures every problem or maintenance I encounter, to improve the site and help current and future Treg owners as I found it lacking in specific areas that I could improve.

As one Canadian to another, welcome/bienvenue. I hope you stick around, get the help you need and contribute where you can to help others; to improve the Toronto based site and help all Treg owners to keep our aging dinosaurs alive and well around the world.

Regards,

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts