Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone inflated this spare? My 2004 Touareg doesn't have adjustable ride height and appears to be missing something (air compressor?) in that space next to the inflatable spare tire. Where can I get whatever is used to inflate the spare?
Oct15th on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
There should be a little "black box" air compressor to use to fill the spare. It doesn't fill that whole compartment, but that spare is useless without some sort of compressor. I'd go to AutoZone, Pep Boys, or even Wal-Mart and get any 12-volt automotive air compressor that clamps onto the battery terminals under the hood. This will be far cheaper than trying to get the VW one.

Matt

·
Registered
46 Posts
The area to the left of the spare is for the air compress tanks. Only way I know is to have a small compress you plug into the 12v outlet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a shield with a bolt on it, to protect the valve stem on my 04' spare tire?
Is this normal? and What is the Max. PSI should the spare be filled at?
Thanks, I am just thinking ahead incase!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a shield with a bolt on it, to protect the valve stem on my 04' spare tire?
Is this normal? and What is the Max. PSI should the spare be filled at?
Thanks, I am just thinking ahead incase!
My spare tire says 51 psi max and 50 mph max. The tire says it on it. Look real close with a flash-lite. Your tire may be a bit different than mine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks, yes its a little different and used, so some of the markings are worn.
I appreciate the feedback :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts