Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see these couple spots on my buddy's driveway which has a steeper incline unlike my driveway so it kinda drips off that plastic cover that covers the front part of the engine underneath. I only see it when I first park, then the spot dries so whatever it is doesn't continue to leak. It seems like water, but what in that area would produce water? Can anything condense in that area? Your help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
Do you have the popup headlight washers?

·
Super Moderator
9,718 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,718 Posts
What color is the fluid?

·
Super Moderator
9,718 Posts
Probably is water then. Unless you get under and trace where it is coming from hard to say what it is. If it is pink in color I would worry a little. That would be coolant.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surprisingly it's kinda hard to follow, I think I'll have to remove that bottom cover and maybe I'll be able to see it. But yea doesn't seem like coolant, so maybe I'll not worry to much for now. I'll search again after I remove that cover. Thanks for the inputs guys.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Not with an 07 he doesn't. They disappeared in either 05 or early 06.
You mean they were gone on all of the T2s?

I got a 2006 T1 and it does have headlight washers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you running the air conditioning? It may be condensate dripping.
Second this, I get AC condensation in this area in the front and also under the left rear if running both.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes the AC is running. I thought water is expected to drip just under the passenger foot area when AC is running, but not this far forward of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah a/c. The low pressure side of the a/c system tends to be pretty cold even before re-entering the compressor for the next cycle, this is true even when the engine bay is really hot. Sometime look down there where the input side of the a/c pump is and you will see what I mean. Condensation is likely dripping from this component and pooling / running down lower engine cover and dripping out the front vent. Lastly, A humid environment will also increase water condensation.

Boy my T1's a/c is insane compared to my more normal T2's a/c system. I have had many people comment on how incredibly frigid it is. Even myself (and I LOVE cold) only run the fan on level three at the most.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
This should give you an idea what a pop-out headlight washer looks like. If you don't have the little door, you don't have it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts