Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Android 4.4.4 nav/ radio from Allen Wong, I'm having problems with the installation.
2010 Touareg with stock radio. I was told that this unit is a plug and play??

No instructions with the unit?

1. Very Poor FM radio signal?
2. Unable to make the unit fit wiring gets in the way
3. No GPS signal only the google maps apps comes up on the screen

I hate to return the item but after trying and trying and speaking to Allen via email I'm still unable to get the unit to work!!
I'm very frustrated I paid over $400.00 for this unit .

SOS help SOS help please!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
Welcome to CT.

I believe (if you are having this much difficulty with the unit), that you should return it to Allen. I'm not aware of any/many CT members who have these units.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1. FM reception is mostly garbage on these units without some sort of diversity antenna adapter. I'm not sure if there are aftermarket adapters that sort this out or not.

2. You will likely have to remove the screws on the backside of the button section of the faceplate, or shave the heads down somehow. They hit the mounting frame on mine, preventing it from going in completely. You may have to get creative tucking the wiring away so it doesn't obstruct the unit - but it will fit.

3. Did you install & connect the GPS antenna? Mine is mounted under the speaker grille in the middle of the dash and works quite well - good signal.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
1. It is not the radio reception of the head unit has problem. It is because Touareg equips with diversity antenna. If you install a VW factory navigaiton head unit, you will also get this problem. The be solution is install an external antenna. There is also another solution FYI:
Required Aerial mod for RNS510 Retrofit to T1 - myTreg forums
I do not understand your question clearly "No GPS signal only the google maps apps comes up on the screen". Do you mean it does not have GPS signal or Sygic navigaiton app?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts