Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . 2016 Mustang or Camaro Convertible with the 4cylTurbo.

It is hard to believe I've had my Treg for just over 2 years now and it has been flawless. I got it to tow and to get great MPG for what it is, but my wife has a 2015 and anytime we need to, we can use her TDI to tow the boat. At times I feel like we don't need two TDI's that are essentially the same.

Two vehicles before the Treg I had a Corvette. I loved the car and thought I'd keep it forever but once I had found that another was on the way, I had to trade it for a sedan. Then I had a sedan and a pickup and when the 4 of us could not all fit in the extended cab of the pickup I traded both vehicles for the Treg.

Now I think about trading the paid-off Treg for a Convertible and either T4 vehicle gets at least 30 MPG HWY and I would love a Vert. The challenge is that I have yet to see if the wife likes convertibles AND to see how the kids seats would fit in the back and for when they are older as I can imagine it can't be all that roomy in the backs of either coupe.

For now I'm just thinking about it knowing that the Treg is getting the job done in fine form. I'll have to see what the wife thinks.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point m-fine, I don't even know if the kids will like riding in the back. I wonder if they'll even be able to see out the side windows from the back seats.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Go big or go home. If you get a muscle car, get the v8. The extra few hundred dollars is well worth the smile on your face.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you want a fun car to drive with 4 doors so kids can get in and out of the back how about a GTI ?

Good gas mileage and a blast to drive!

If that does not fit your social circle maybe and Audi S3

You kids will not like riding in a convertible, maybe when they are old enough to drive it ..........

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be keeping the Treg for now.

I had gone to the dealership just now, and had adjusted both front seats to where I would like the and there is just no room for the kids legs/feet while they'd be in their car seats, oh well. Definitely a first-world problem and not the end of the world.

I'll just keep dreaming.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Best advice yet. This is what worked for me.

View attachment 130306
Is that an A4/S5?

Do you think kids in their car seats would fit in the back? From what I have heard/read, the seats in the back of the Cabriolet's are relatively big as compared to a smaller vert.

If they are, I'm thinking hard on a 2012+ S5 Cabriolet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Is that an A4/S5? Do you think kids in their car seats would fit in the back? From what I have heard/read, the seats in the back of the Cabriolet's are relatively big as compared to a smaller vert. If they are, I'm thinking hard on a 2012+ S5 Cabriolet.
S5. I'll take a picture, but yes, they should fit.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had no idea, probably because Audi has so many models, that the S5 is what it is, definitely a premium convertible, but I love it. 3.0 Supercharged, 300+ HP/300+TQ, what is not to like?

Do you see better than the 26 MPG HWY?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts