Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im beyond sad..dealer thinks its totaled and said ill be out a car for 1 month if insurance deems it fixable. They say that the axel rod is messed up.

Some guy hit me and sent me flying into the oncoming traffic lane where i hit someone head on. he totalled his car. and got ticketed for speeding. last weekend i replaced all spark plugs, coil packs, air filter, cabin filter, did some vagcom mods, and some other stuff ...i was so happy....now im soo sad.

i need some support....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow! I feel for you man. I read your ordeal with best buy and now this..They say bad things come in 3s and I guess you go all out on that lol. Sorry to hear about your loss. But hey at least everyone seems ok! And hell for a head on collision looks like the treg held its own! What did the other car look like? Hopefully they will get you totaled out and you get go shopping for another treg!

·
Registered
139 Posts
that sucks....

Good to know you are all ok. Feel for you man. Don't see that egg fixed. Looks like a lot of damage but than again, what do I know...

Curious to see how the other car looks like.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Glad you are ok - your Egg can be replaced - you can not... (at least not for a few more years)... ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I read your Bestbuy problem as well and was shocked to see this happen. You will get another one im sure.
You have to look at this way, You're alive and not even hurt, at least not physically.For now, just take it easy hopefully you'll get some good news.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aw thanks everyone! the other car was a 95 saturn..you couldnt even tell thats what it was... all the guys airbags deployed his windshield smashed out, and when he hit me i went into oncoming traffic and i hit a toyoter 4 runner head on and smashed them pretty good. The adjuster said over 20k worth of damage to mine. so its going to the salvage yard and i wanted to buy it back from them for parts but they said they arent allowed to sell it.
luckily since i didnt have the treg for 6 mos i got all the money back and after long hard searches i found the same treg in silver ...sooo tomorrow im going to get it *hopefully* its hard because everyone is telling me not to get another one...but they just dont understand because they've never owned nor driven the touareg...at one dealer they called it the turd..i was so offended.
such haters.
i think its because i happen to be a 22 year old girl who is obsessed with vw ..that they prob think i have no idea about anything esp when it comes to the truck
anyway...
now i'm in no rush to put an ipod hookup in it lol
ill take my time..order the stuff and do it myself, since im able to start over.

But i took my momento to remember him by! The VW symbol out of the grill..i keep them for all the vw i own since i upgrade to badgeless grills...which was next for him.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've got an '09 available that look just like yours... :hug:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will post pics ..its in the shop now getting warranty stuff done..I'm in the process of making it mine again so I just debadged it and hardwired my radar, buffed out scratches etc but its still not up to par but when it is ill upload some. Though I got a better deal out of this accident (lower price, lower mileage, and now lower monthly payment) the headlight has cloudiness on the inside and randomly there is a long piece of cardboard in the headlight itself you can see..(absolutly clueless as to how it got there or how to get it out) ... curb rash, and some other stuff I have to take time to fix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts