Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Our Gang ice racing club has an open Fun Day Friday, 12/28. Thinking about going to get some safe time to play. Anyone else want to go?

Our Gang Ice Racing

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hmmm... I've done a couple of Audi track events several years ago in Georgetown with some Continental Extreme Contacts (generation prior to the DWS) on my old B5.5 Passat. They performed really well and were really only bested by some studded Nokians that one guy in the club had. Go figure.

If you haven't been out on the ice before, this is an opportunity that can't be missed. I'll have to see if I have the time available as it would be interesting to see how my Touareg would do. I have to say, their list of rules kind of takes the fun out of it though. I always had more fun goofing off out on the open ice than I did on the track and the lack of an e-brake handle to pull on the Treg would add to the list of reasons that I'm not sure I'd have as much fun racing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of tires do people run in the bare rubber class?
If I read the rules correctly, any street legal tire without studs or traction modifiers.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just heard from Lisa/Our Gang Ice Racing. She said the lake was late to ice up due to our warm fall so far. She said to check the website before heading out to make sure the event will be held. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
If I read the rules correctly, any street legal tire without studs or traction modifiers.
Gotcha, I read the site. I was thinking you had previously done this and perhaps had a look at what others were running tire wise. :confused:

I strapped on some Nitto grapplers last year that worked perfect in the snow and ice in Pagosa springs, CO. I'm highly doubting they would do very well on the lake surface. However it did look like it was pre-groomed for the track? :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts