Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry to hear about your experience and great that you came out of it without serious injuries.
All the best with the replacement mate
Thanks. Touareg helped with reducing injuries. As we all know it is a very solid safe car.

Looks like I will pick up the new car on Sat 30th April.

Will post pics of course but they should look the same as the pics I posted last year for my earlier MY15:p

· Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,480 Posts
Thanks. Touareg helped with reducing injuries. As we all know it is a very solid safe car. Looks like I will pick up the new car on Sat 30th April. Will post pics of course but they should look the same as the pics I posted last year for my earlier MY15:p
Getting the same color and options?

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Getting the same color and options?
Yes exactly the same car V8 R-Line with sunroof, titanium tinting on front side windows and paint protection.. Only difference wl be that it will be an MY16 instead of an MY15.

Interestingly VW don't trust their predelivery guys getting it right on black cars and are outsourcing the predelivery preparation.

I will be checking it all out on the day. Will bring the wife along ghis time to also check it out.

· Learner
6,480 Posts
Yes exactly the same car V8 R-Line with sunroof, titanium tinting on front side windows and paint protection.. Only difference wl be that it will be an MY16 instead of an MY15. Interestingly VW don't trust their predelivery guys getting it right on black cars and are outsourcing the predelivery preparation. I will be checking it all out on the day. Will bring the wife along ghis time to also check it out.
Great, maybe check it for the park brake roll issue, and if rolls after applying park brake refuse taking delivery....hmmmm

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Great, maybe check it for the park brake roll issue, and if rolls after applying park brake refuse taking delivery....hmmmm
Haha. I wont give the guy that hard this time.

I learnt from last time. The more times they play with your car the more things that can go wrong.

But I will ask to go for a test drive to check wheel alignment is good.

I will also ask them to print me off a scan report prior to starting the predelivery prep activities to confirm that there are no inherent faults prior to delivery.

· Learner
6,480 Posts
I could have done with one of your wheels nm, put a deep scratch on rear left...arghh
Worst part having 21s....

· Registered
752 Posts
Hello Singh, my car rolls when the park brake is applied, a bit disconcerting when I'm out behind it with the boot opened!

· Registered
132 Posts
The same as those daft bints who slouch in the pax seat with their bare feet up on top of the dashboard.
Can confirm - my dad was the driver of a large truck with a passenger who had their feet up on the dash when they got heavily rear-ended at standstill. He got very, very nasty limb-snapping injuries that are with him for life - PLEASE don't let anyone you know do this. I hate seeing it.

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I guys, picked up my brand new Black MY16 V8 R-Line (with sunroof) this afternoon.

So far so good. Experience was better than my earlier MY15 V8 R-Line.

I received a full tank of fuel this time, and I can report that this car does not pull to the left like the old one.

They also completed the current recall for the brake pedal clip.

I have not scanned the car yet, but I have been assured by the sales guy that they scanned the car for faults while doing the recall procedure and did not find any faults. Fingers crossed when I scan the car in a couple of days from now.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Pics are compulsory, especially of the engine . . . if only to piss off both US and UK readers!!

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Pics are compulsory, especially of the engine . . . if only to piss off both US and UK readers!!
As the car is an extract spec as the written off MY15, but just a MY16, is it okay if I upload the engine photos I took of the previous MY15, for the US and UK readers? :rolleyes:

Kidding... Will take some photos shortly.

BTW, I did notice a lot of build up of dust in the engine bay, especially around the edges of the bonnet and on the top of the grill when I opened the bonnet at the dealership, and got the guy to wipe it all off before delivery ;(

Is it normal for the Treg to catch this much dust in the engine compartment? Could it be a result of sitting around at the port for 3months???

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Congrats. Any major differences between MY15 and 16?
According to the salesman, there are zero differences on the V8 R-line between MY15 and MY16. It is 10months newer than my old one.
BTW, He did mention there were some differences for the V6, but wasn't really paying attention.:rolleyes:

· Learner
6,480 Posts
I guys, picked up my brand new Black MY16 V8 R-Line (with sunroof) this afternoon. So far so good. Experience was better than my earlier MY15 V8 R-Line. I received a full tank of fuel this time, and I can report that this car does not pull to the left like the old one. They also completed the current recall for the brake pedal clip. I have not scanned the car yet, but I have been assured by the sales guy that they scanned the car for faults while doing the recall procedure and did not find any faults. Fingers crossed when I scan the car in a couple of days from now.
Good stuff, all the best with it mate

· Registered
2015 R Line V8
3,023 Posts
BTW, I did notice a lot of build up of dust in the engine bay, especially around the edges of the bonnet and on the top of the grill when I opened the bonnet at the dealership, and got the guy to wipe it all off before delivery ;(

Is it normal for the Treg to catch this much dust in the engine compartment? Could it be a result of sitting around at the port for 3months???
It is a sign of slack pre-delivery detailing, slack supervision of the detailers and poor attention to detail by the salesman to not notice it prior to introducing you to your new car.

Would never have happened on my watch (as Pre-Delivery/Asset Manager at the VW dealership I worked at).

Didn't matter if it was an Up! or an R-Line Touareg, each vehicle was despatched from our centre (to the dealership - about 3 kms) in as near as I could make it, the same condition as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

Dust under the bonnet, around the edges?? That's not acceptable at delivery.

· Registered
3,794 Posts
H nm2003,

Love the look... envy meter off scale !!!

Don't worry about upsetting the Poms! For some unholly reason they are the only RHD country which is still being supplied with 4XMotion vehicles....!!!!

touareg-fl pricing & specifications : Volkswagen UK

Stuart....

· Registered
20,262 Posts
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.