Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, Im new to the forum. Im always been attracted to the touregs, specially the 1st gen, I founded this Touareg 2006 V8 in a very good price in a very good condition inside and out, but the seller say that the Touareg out of nowhere dont start, “it was working perfectly” and the engine and starter motor now doesn't do nothing, like a dead battery but it have a good one the seller say. What it can be?

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you are not comfortable to do a lot of work on the car,you really don't want to get involved. If you are, have the diagnostics done and go from there. Remember it's 14yrs old and things go bad after a while. Problem could be simple or not there isn't enough info to give any helpful ideas.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My 04 V8 had the phantom no crank problem for years. Of course at the most inconvenient times. Now on my 3rd starter. The 3rd on was put in after an oil leak and the tech idled the sitting truck for a couple of hours to make sure the cam seal leak was fixed. Then no crank.
I have a hunch that these starters may fail due to heat exposure over time. Before you buy it make sure the carpets are dry, too, and budget for a starter. VW says engine must come out, but can be done through passenger side wheel well and lowering subframe. Still expensive...I'd subtract $2k from price of truck. Or just buy a Toyota 4Runner.

My 63 Pontiac starter failed due to common heat problem back then. But you could put in a starter in the driveway in an hour and add a heat shield from J.C. Whitney.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 04 V8 had the phantom no crank problem for years. Of course at the most inconvenient times. Now on my 3rd starter. The 3rd on was put in after an oil leak and the tech idled the sitting truck for a couple of hours to make sure the cam seal leak was fixed. Then no crank.
I have a hunch that these starters may fail due to heat exposure over time. Before you buy it make sure the carpets are dry, too, and budget for a starter. VW says engine must come out, but can be done through passenger side wheel well and lowering subframe. Still expensive...I'd subtract $2k from price of truck. Or just buy a Toyota 4Runner.

My 63 Pontiac starter failed due to common heat problem back then. But you could put in a starter in the driveway in an hour and add a heat shield from J.C. Whitney.
WHAAAAAT? Lowering subframe? Mmm I think I pass on this one. Hahaahaha, If I had space to do it I will, but sadly I work on my car in the street, on small things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts